Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 207 Posts

·
Registered
578 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm creating this to help out the Scat Pack group keep their thread easier to read.

Post anything that works and doesn't work.

Thanks.

·
Registered
2015 Dodge Challenger
13 Posts
I would hope the SRT pages would work on 5.7L engine but I'm getting a feeling it may only really work on 6.2L or 6.4L engines. Hopefully I get proved wrong, because it would be nice to roll around on track mode, specially if it down shifts for you(auto 8s)when you accel.

·
Registered
578 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ok, for those that don't already know, this is the Tazer It works differently on different cars and models within the same car. Here's my some of my experiences so far.

First, I really like the unit. It unlocks a lot of the electronic features that don't come with some cars. I have a 2015 R/T Plus w/5.7 and A8. No STP, No Scat Pack.

In the EVIC I now have;
Performance Pages(all the timers, 0-60, 0-100, 1/8 mile, 1/4 mile, G-force.
Vehicle Info adds Air Intake temp, Torque, HP
Diagnostics menu

Line lock works like a champ.
Light Show is cool.

I can get the SRT pages on the 8.4 screen, but they really don't do much, and I actually think it messes up my Sport mode, but I haven't had a real chance to test it.

Some people get the Performance Pages in the 8.4, but I don't. Some have loaded the 8.4 update after turning on PP, and the PP show up, this has not worked for me even after a couple of tries.

Post your experiences and questions. noesp is the vendor, and hopefully he'll find this thread and answer any more questions.

The original thread is Here, and has lots of basic info.

Thanks for playing

·
Registered
578 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I would hope the SRT pages would work on 5.7L engine but I'm getting a feeling it may only really work on 6.2L or 6.4L engines. Hopefully I get proved wrong, because it would be nice to roll around on track mode, specially if it down shifts for you(auto 8s)when you accel.
I just don't think the 5.7 is equipped the same as the 6.4, but like you I'm more than willing to be proven wrong....lol

·
Registered
578 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
i have the latest uconnect update already, still waffeling.
I get it, I waffled for a month and convinced myself that if not right away, eventually PP would work. I'm still waiting...lol $250 is a little pricey without PP in my opinion, but had to try. The line lock, even though I'll probably only use twice a year is a freakin' HOOT! ! !

·
Registered
2016 Scat Pack
23 Posts
I've got the 2015 RT 5.7 A8 with STP. Mine came with the 5.0 UConnect radio which doesn't come with the Super Track Pak button or Performance Pages.
The Performance Pages come standard with STP, 8.4 Radio and the Super Track Pak button. The Super Track Pak button is a short cut to the Performance Pages.
I upgraded to the 8.4AN UConnect Radio. I'm registered on the 5.0 Radio and not the 8.4. Not worried about the update.
With the Tazer I now have the Performance Pages on both the EVIC and on the 8.4. I also have Launch control and Drive mode for Street and Sport no Track.

I had turned on SRTset but it disables my sport mode. With SRTSet ON, on the Drive Mode option you press the Sport button and it turns on the Sport steering (Sport on the EVIC) but not the Sport Transmisson (Green Sport Flag on the EVIC). It thinks my car is a Hellcat with it on and it requires the Red Keyfob. SRTset ON also allows me to turn on Track Mode when you press the Traction button for 7 seconds. It removes the error messages. I have Track traction but only Street Transmission. No Sport or Track transmission is allowed.
I really enjoy Sport mode so I turned it off.

I currently have the PerfSet to ON, STP to ON, Drive Mode to ON and the SRTSet to OFF. IMHO the Tazer is worth more than the $250 they are asking for.

·
Premium Member
2,450 Posts
Since they only list it for '15's, guess I'll never know. They have it for some older models, but not the Challengers.
And what about using it on a manual trans car? It does all these great things for automatics....but I'd love it just for the line lock feature...

·
Registered
5,209 Posts
I get it, I waffled for a month and convinced myself that if not right away, eventually PP would work. I'm still waiting...lol $250 is a little pricey without PP in my opinion, but had to try. The line lock, even though I'll probably only use twice a year is a freakin' HOOT! ! !
yeah I have Scat Pack Springs laying in a box on the floor of my garage and my rear window louver is being delivered today, soooo much to do already so little time and my '75 Charger is supposed to be back from the body shop this week so my Challenger is getting botted from the garage to the car port.... LOL

·
Registered
60 Posts
Since they only list it for '15's, guess I'll never know. They have it for some older models, but not the Challengers.
And what about using it on a manual trans car? It does all these great things for automatics....but I'd love it just for the line lock feature...

It works on the M6 as a line lock. Also the light show(s) and enabling other small things like backup camera. I'm working on changing drive modes and PP, we will know real soon what I can conquer in the RT.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
578 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
So I saw a new thing in the EVIC today, not sure if it's actually doing anything yet, but it's SHFTKit: ON. Turning it on and off was a test though. So driving with Audio screen up, press the Sport button on, then traction off, then traction on, then traction off, and it turns on. I have SRTmode On, so the Sport button doesn't really do much, the same as traction off.

Let me know if anyone else can get to it. You may have to cycle through with Left arrow and Cancel to get it read. While cycling you get Peak RPM too, kinda cool. Pretty sure you have to be in Drive.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Well, as I expected bc usps is garbage and this always happens with them... My Tazer didn't arrive today like it was supposed to. In fact, their tracking has shown zero movement since it has left their original facility.

*Edit* 2 days late now. I was really looking forward to using it this weekend.

·
Registered
146 Posts
It works on the M6 as a line lock. Also the light show(s) and enabling other small things like backup camera. I'm working on changing drive modes and PP, we will know real soon what I can conquer in the RT.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
Hi, if you need help for a RT I can give you some of my time. I do have ODB2 stuff and link for computer if you do need to see some data. I don't really know how you hack this stuff but well maybe I can help you guys :)

·
Registered
101 Posts
So I've been using my Tazer for a couple days now on my '15 R/T Classic. So far so good. A couple notes:

-Never got the airbag warning when enabling SRT features like others have. I toggled on and off several times to test.

-SRT pages didn't show up immediately even after turning the car off and on. After about a day and a half I randomly saw them appear in uConnect.

-Like others have stated there are some features that won't change without a red key present. Hopefully zauto can figure out a way around that.

-No issues integrating with a vehicle running a Diablo tune.

·
Registered
2016 Challenger R/T Scat Pack
188 Posts
So I have a '15 Challenger RT Plus 6 speed manual with 8.4A UConnect and without Super Track Pack.

I would like to at least have the full Performance Pages (PP). It seems like there is not a clear definition of whether you can get the PPs with the Tazer on the '15 6 speed manuals. Plus, the A8 cars seem to get a lot more features for the same price.

So what do I really get on the Tazer for the 6-speed? And if there are more features for the A8 vs the M6 because of the many more electronics controls on the A8 that can be modified, shouldn't the M6 version be a lower price?

Lou

·
Registered
2015 Dodge Challenger R/T Shaker
41 Posts
So I've been using my Tazer for a couple days now on my '15 R/T Classic. So far so good. A couple notes:

-Never got the airbag warning when enabling SRT features like others have. I toggled on and off several times to test.

-SRT pages didn't show up immediately even after turning the car off and on. After about a day and a half I randomly saw them appear in uConnect.

-Like others have stated there are some features that won't change without a red key present. Hopefully zauto can figure out a way around that.

-No issues integrating with a vehicle running a Diablo tune.
I don't know if anyone has asked it yet, but does tazer unlock the "track" mode for R/Ts (5.7)? That would be the reason I'd want it. And the line lock. But I'm unsure if that's available for the 5.7s, and the whole red key thing also keeps me from buying one.

·
Registered
GCM 2015 Challenger
55 Posts
I don't know if anyone has asked it yet, but does tazer unlock the "track" mode for R/Ts (5.7)? That would be the reason I'd want it. And the line lock. But I'm unsure if that's available for the 5.7s, and the whole red key thing also keeps me from buying one.
I'm not entirely sure but I think it gets stuck in "hellcat mode" as in it looks for the red key.

I have a '15 R/T with STP and 8.4 uconnect and I would love to have the track and Eco modes but from what I have read in both threads it seems to fully work only with the Scats.

1 - 20 of 207 Posts