Dodge Challenger Forum banner

161 - 180 of 211 Posts

·
Registered
2015 Dodge Challenger R/T Shaker
41 Posts
Well I'm returning my Tazer, they don't answer to their email and honestly it really have no use for a RT since it doesn't work. I will maybe buy it again in the future if they fix the SRT option so it doesn't make a RT thinking it's a hellcat and losing sport mode.

Doesn't it allow you to do a line lock? I think that was the main feature and some people said it was worth it just for that.

·
Registered
146 Posts
Doesn't it allow you to do a line lock? I think that was the main feature and some people said it was worth it just for that.
Yep its a nice feature but I'm not doing enough drag to make it worth and I never do "stationary" burnout, I prefer the launch control way and doing doughnut :wink3:

For me the main feature was SRT unlock for the track mode and shift light and also eco mode since I'm doing a lot of mileages but none of these are working. Maybe in the future if they fix that and make the SRT working as a SRT8 and not a hellcat I will put the money down to try it again.

·
Registered
5,897 Posts
Found something interesting, listening to music on the USB stick, with the Tazer in the OBD port, when I mute the radio, the screen will flash the Rearview camera, turn blue, shut off, do all kinds of things. Unplug the Tazer and wait a couple seconds it goes back to normal, hit mute everything works as it should. Plug the Tazer back in and hit mute and it goes crazy. Anyone else seeing this with a 5.7l R/T A8 Uconnect 8.4A-No Nav?

·
Registered
2016 Challenger R/T Scat Pack
188 Posts
Found something interesting, listening to music on the USB stick, with the Tazer in the OBD port, when I mute the radio, the screen will flash the Rearview camera, turn blue, shut off, do all kinds of things. Unplug the Tazer and wait a couple seconds it goes back to normal, hit mute everything works as it should. Plug the Tazer back in and hit mute and it goes crazy. Anyone else seeing this with a 5.7l R/T A8 Uconnect 8.4A-No Nav?
I think if you double tap the volume knob, you will actually cycle thru rear cam, blue screen, off, etc...

·
Registered
188 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Man that sounds creepy as hell....

Was curious if anyone could tell me if you can use the line lock function without actually downloading anything into the car. I know the device needs to be plugged in for line lock but that is the only thing I am interested in. The glitchy things I've read like above scare the crap out of me.

·
Registered
5,897 Posts
Man that sounds creepy as hell....

Was curious if anyone could tell me if you can use the line lock function without actually downloading anything into the car. I know the device needs to be plugged in for line lock but that is the only thing I am interested in. The glitchy things I've read like above scare the crap out of me.
I am assuming I hit it twice too fast and that is the way to switch between video inputs, if you activate a second one. It did not screw anything up. And yes you can use line lock and I think light show without downloading anything.

·
Registered
188 Posts
I've had mine for a while now and with the latest updates I have no glitches or issues.

·
Registered
101 Posts
What in the world is the trick to getting this thing to connect to your PC for updates? I've emailed ZAutomotive twice but their support appears to be non-existent

I have Win10 x64. I have installed and reinstalled the drivers. Ive changed the com port and verified the one that shows active in device manager. Ive manually deleted and set the driver in device manager and Ive even downloaded the most recent packs from the manufacturer’s website. I've tried it on Windows 7 after doing all of the above as well. I have 7 different USB cables that I have tried. Ive tried it over USB2 and USB3.

The device when plugged in flashes red/green then just blinks red 4 times every 5 seconds or so. Is that normal? Maybe the device just needs serviced, but that's not possible if I can't even get their support to respond.

·
Registered
1,478 Posts
Does anyone here have the Scat PAck 1 PCM installed? I am getting one for Christmas and was wondering if it affected the Tazer functions once it is added to the VIN.
Will not effect the PCM at all. I do not have a Scat Pack 1 pcm but have the unlocked Diablo and they work perfect together.Hope that helps.

·
Registered
5,897 Posts
Has anyone here reset their radio to factory settings after turning on "STP"? Just curious if that loaded the Performance Pages on the radio. I saw a video for a similar device that says you have to reset the radio to get it to load the pages. Just curious and what all do you have to reset after you reset your radio?

·
Registered
5,897 Posts
Okay, I went out and restarted my radio and after I shut everything off and got out of the car, let it sit. I got back in and started the car and they were there for a few minutes anyway. Then the times and gauges on the radio went away. I think it has to do with the UConnect. My trial is up but the Via Mobile apps still are working so that may be it. :(

·
Premium Member
1,099 Posts
Okay, I went out and restarted my radio and after I shut everything off and got out of the car, let it sit. I got back in and started the car and they were there for a few minutes anyway. Then the times and gauges on the radio went away. I think it has to do with the UConnect. My trial is up but the Via Mobile apps still are working so that may be it. :(
I've seen this posted recently on another forum I am on. The "free" Uconnect subscription expires, and no more performance gauges. Log in to Uconnect and delete your account completely. I've heard its a pain and you have to "do it several times" or maybe call them?
HOWEVER, ...good news is, once account is deleted..you get your performance gauges back again.

·
Registered
5,897 Posts
I've seen this posted recently on another forum I am on. The "free" Uconnect subscription expires, and no more performance gauges. Log in to Uconnect and delete your account completely. I've heard its a pain and you have to "do it several times" or maybe call them?
HOWEVER, ...good news is, once account is deleted..you get your performance gauges back again.
Yes or you can disconnect the plug in the back of the radio.... Thing is I use the Via Mobile apps though.

·
Registered
5,897 Posts
will launch control work too if I delete my account? How about the "shift light"? even though I have an auto I think it would be neat.

Well I just deleted it so I will see when I get home.... If I don't have the pages AND I lost the via mobile I am going to stew..... oh well.

·
Premium Member
1,099 Posts
will launch control work too if I delete my account? How about the "shift light"? even though I have an auto I think it would be neat.

Well I just deleted it so I will see when I get home.... If I don't have the pages AND I lost the via mobile I am going to stew..... oh well.

It should come back...pref pages and launch control and shift lights. I'm not familiar with via mobile, so I can't say to that.
Go back and make certain your account is "gone"...I've heard it is hard to delete.

Opps, just reread what you said...you said "IF", you don't...let me know if it worked.

·
Registered
5,897 Posts
It should come back...pref pages and launch control and shift lights. I'm not familiar with via mobile, so I can't say to that.
Go back and make certain your account is "gone"...I've heard it is hard to delete.

Opps, just reread what you said...you said "IF", you don't...let me know if it worked.
I did delete the account and I believe it is (checked twice). I will not know anything until I get home from work and "play" with it. If we get a foot of snow I won't know until Saturday.

The via Mobile should quit when the account is deleted. I am okay with that if I get the Pages working. If I get neither I am going to scream bloody freaking murder. :SM030::crbaby:

I am thinking of getting a 2017 radio with Android Auto installed in my 2015 when they release that radio. I will tell hem then not to register it with Uconnect!

·
Registered
5,897 Posts

well I went out my radio said it had to reboot it did and they were there (PP) they worked for about 5 min. then quit. I called UConnect and they said the car was no longer active but the Via Mobile crap works.... As long as that does I know the car is still linked to those idiots.

161 - 180 of 211 Posts