Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking to purchase new tires for my R/T I was thinking Nitto, Toyo or Pirelli.
Anyone have any experience with these brands? Need something long lasting and a bit sticky for good launches...
Thanks!

·
Registered
1,371 Posts
Looking to purchase new tires for my R/T I was thinking Nitto, Toyo or Pirelli.
Anyone have any experience with these brands? Need something long lasting and a bit sticky for good launches...
Thanks!
i'm also in this dilema...from what i've gathered from many people on this and other forums...

Toyos Proxes 4 are the least expensive, offer exceptional straight line acceleration for all season tires, offer good cornering ability as well and dont wear as fast as the Nittos or PZeros.

PZeros are very soft summer tires that are very sticky, but wear a bit faster than the Toyos and dont like the cold temps very much, more expensive than the Toyos and Nittos(i may be wrong on that one) and offer exceptional cornering ability.

Nittos are the most sticky of the 3, but need a healthy burnout to really hook above the other two. the NT05s wear down quicker than the other two, but would be the choice over the others if most of the time is spent at the track.

everyone said any of the 3 offer superior grip over the stock touring tires.

i myself am heavily leaning towards the Toyo Proxes 4 (275/40-20 on all 4 corners on the stock chrome clads) because 90% of my driving will be on the street in the summer, dont wear as fast and offer the straight line performance i'm after for the couple times i'll be at the track.

i'm sure others can chime in with good advice too!

·
Registered
7,683 Posts
My prolonged research on the matter has yielded the following interesting (to me, at least) combo:

front: 235-50r18 Dunlop SP Sport 5000M

rear: 255-50r18 Toyo Proxes S/TII

User experience comments on those models welcome...

1 - 3 of 3 Posts