Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm just wondering what upgrades you guys would recommend for my 09' R/T.. I definitely want to put an exhaust on their, and definitely want to put a CAI on it. What do you think?

Thanks,
Rick

·
Premium Member
4,634 Posts
I'm just wondering what upgrades you guys would recommend for my 09' R/T.. I definitely want to put an exhaust on their, and definitely want to put a CAI on it. What do you think?

Thanks,
Rick
Do a search, you'll find tons of information on these topics.

Exhaust is totally subjective. Go hear some in real life and then make a choice. It will be a sound mod, don't expect power from a catback. Power will come with long tube headers.

Cold air intakes I would get either the Legmaker Hammer or the AFE Stage 2 CAI. These are some of the top performers. Fender intakes are the best but are costlier and harder to access the filter.

Reactions: RTRick

·
Registered
255 Posts
Get a tune

Get the diablosport tuner of your choice and get an email tune from Hemifever or Johan. The best bang for buck for sure.

·
Registered
481 Posts
Solo Mach X Catbacks, CAI, Catch can, to name a few

·
Registered
504 Posts
You have to think what you want first and is your car an automatic or standard.

Are you looking at performance and if so just for the street or the track too. Are you wanting appearance as well.

If you have an auto I would suggest the following;

Tuner
Catch can
CAI
Strut brace
JBA shorty headers
Catback
Throttle body
392 cam

Lots more to pick from, good luck

·
Premium Member
122 Posts
Just keep reading.

Exhaust, CAI both are $ for $ complete waste of your hard earned money for HP gains other than minimal.

392 cam etc best bet for cost effective HP increase.

Suspension upgrades cost effective.

Brakes second, but real gains are expensive.

Bling ala Billet Tech, SRT chin spoiler, quad tips, SRT hood scoops, cabin air filter, if six speed-Hurst, larry k upgrade.

·
Registered
18 Posts
If your going to power mod your car;
First you want a PCM tuner.
Second you want to help the hemi breathe with basic bolt ons (intake,throttle body, intake manifolds, headers and exhaust systems etc....)
Without the tuner and dialed in tune for your bolt ons; you are going to lose power.

Back in the old days you'r bolt ons were easily tuned by the carburetor with a screw driver, everything is done through computers today.

·
Registered
9,674 Posts
Mopar Stage One lowering springs.

·
Registered
1,160 Posts
I would just get a clean air tube and keep the factory air intake. Replace the paper filter with a K&N panel or a equivalent high flow dry filter.

I would get a tuner. Then a 180 tstat and a longer IAT sensor from the 2011+ models.

I would certainly get a catback if for nothing else than to drop some weight and make the car sound better. I personally love my Dynomax VT catback.

After that I would really do nothing but get a forced induction system of some sort and run 6-8lbs. 8lbs preferably.

If turbo I would get shorty headers of either SRT variety or the JBA's coated. I would keep the factory cats or go catless if emmissions were not a problem.

If supercharger then I would grab a set of long tube headers. I would got catless or high flow cats as you must replace your mid pipes regardless with long tubes.

I would then keep my R/T brake system but upgrade the rotors to slotted rotors and maybe cryo treated. Get some good pads like Hawks for example. I bought the Brembo setup off of an SRT and I've really just spent money on something nice but not necessary.

I think that about covers in helpful but broad strokes. I got a little carried away on my car. I am very happy with it but I honestly think I would be more happy and essentially have the same end result performance wise if I scaled a few things back.

In the end do what makes you feel good and enjoy making the car yours and learning all you can about her.

:werd:

·
Registered
106 Posts
Tuner first. It was the best SOTP for me hands down.. Then SRT8 lower airbox with K&N, and catback... changed the car hands down for me. But with out the tuner the others really wont show anything...

·
Premium Member
5,641 Posts
2015 srt

That would be a nice upgrade.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts