Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking for ideas on where to spend some money on performance upgrades. Have a CAI, predator tuner and a flowmaser exhaust? Where else can some money be spent, at the same time as not voiding warranty? Thoughts....

·
Premium Member
3,553 Posts
I don't know what kinda RT you have but alot of people have problems getting their original tires hooking up.

·
Premium Member
3,553 Posts
Just depends on your dealer what you can do without voiding warranty I've heard that some think CAI is only for raceing 9even though there on Mopar 10s stock) and performance tunes are hard on the drive train. You need to figure out how much your going to worry about warranty and how much power you want.

·
Premium Member
2,682 Posts
Find a set of SRT exhaust manifolds and mids or a cheap set of used shortie/long tube headers. Can be done for extremely cheap and will be a huge improvement over the R/T exhaust manifolds.

You can use the OEM SRT manifolds from any SRT model or used headers from and 09+ 5.7l or any year SRT. Just make sure you're aware of the diameter of the mids and your exhaust.

·
Premium Member
2019 Hellcat Redeye in white knuckle with silver stripes
1,122 Posts
So correct me if I'm wrong....

SRT clamshell headers and stock mids/cats are just as good as....
JBA shorties with JBA/Magnaflow hi-flow mids/cats?

But, most importantly the SRT parts are a larger diameter at the mids/cats than the JBA set up so if you already have an aftermarket cat back on your 5.7 the SRT parts wont fit?:scratchhead:

·
Premium Member
2,682 Posts
They probably wont match right up. Depending on your exhaust it won't be too pricey to get the parts needed.

In my case with the MBRP exhaust it would cost me about $100 to get the SRT H-Pipe to use any SRT headers.

·
Registered
1,065 Posts
JBA shorties using the factory R/T 5.7L gaskets with heat shield to protect the valve cover gaskets.A HUGE improvement over the stock exhaust manifolds.Heat wrap or lift the alternator cable that runs close to the passenger side header after installation.I put a heavy duty black nylon tie around the cable,lifted it about 1.5" or so above the header then fastened the tie to the wire harness that runs to the fuse box.Have not had any issues.There is definately some performance increase and more rumble in conjunction with an aftermarket cat-back system.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts