Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got a few questions.... Uncle Sam was generous this year in my tax return.. so with that said I am looking at doing some upgrades to the R/T with a budget of 1500 and was curious for some input on what everyone thinks would be a good path to go.

I have some of the basic stuff done thanks to the Mopar bucks program.

Mopar CAI
Mopar Strut Tower Brace
Mopar Floor / Trunk mats
Mopar T-Shifter
Mopar Pedals
Matching Car Color Dash Trim
Splash Guards

I was looking at doing the Mopar Borla Exhaust setup, but having put the MBRP on my V-6 Challenger and being able to feel the difference.. I am kinda leaning towards MBRP again. Was wanting to have all Mopar parts on the car, but with what I want to do over the next few years.. I know Mopar will not have all the parts for me.

Thoughts?

·
Premium Member
3,546 Posts
You might need a tuner. They say a 93 oct tune helps alot. not performance wise but a lockpick with a camera is a real nice thing to have. These things are kinda hard to see out of.

·
Premium Member
350 Posts
Go with the Mopar Borla cat backs. Nice sound. Later add Kooks long tube headers and a predaitor tune. Your car will run low 13's and maybe high 12. Good luck.

·
Registered
812 Posts
Personally, I would look at sway bars first and then shocks/springs before doing exhaust.

·
Registered
1,004 Posts
If you're interested in power, get a catback, DS Predator, CAI (they all are about the same) and catch can. Do bling later. With your budget, this may be tight. Maybe get the first three and the catch can later (but don't wait too long). I have the Corsa catback and Aria CAI and am very happy with them. The Moroso catch can has a valve to drain the oil so you don't have to unscrew it when emptying. Great quality. Headers will possibly cause you warranty problems and they generally need a custom tune to work right. They may also cause you emissions problems. JBL shorties generally are street legal and less apt to cause CEL warnings but they too need a tune (and catbacks for full effect). Maybe get a bigger throttle body once the headers and catbacks are in.

If you want eye candy, get the bling. Also, most muscle car guys will tell you no splash guards on Challengers. Unless you are going to race (autocross, drag etc.) the sway bars, shocks and brakes are simply nice to have things. You may not even notice their benefits during normal daily driving.

·
Premium Member
8,295 Posts
A Diablo is a must if you have not done it yet - We have them for $289
As far as Exhaust, if you are deciding between Mopar and MBRP, I would vote MBRP, based on price as well as sound. Of course if the name is important, then the Borla/Mopar will have to do. Figure under 1k for the MBRP.

You could still do lowering springs for a few hundred bucks and come in near your budget and with those three mods you will have added power, sound, looks, and handling performance!

·
Premium Member
3,546 Posts
Looks like about everyone thinks you need a tuner. i did some research last weekend and Maryland speed had them for $279.95 or $309.95 with the computer interface to your door. That's the best I found.

·
Registered
485 Posts
I'd go with the Diablo Predator, Corsa or MBRP exhaust, and then drop it a little with an upgraded suspension. Best bang for your buck on the R/T IMO.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Hello. I got the R/T classic 6spd and what I've done is the 93 predator tune/Mopar suspension kit/MBRP exhaust/CAI and black SRT spoiler for the trunk.

Best bang for your buck I'd say was the the tune and the suspension. My car handles curves like a monster!!!!! No more wobble wobble when yerking the steering wheel left and right.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts