Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of October's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been reading about people swapping the factory SRT intake on the their R/Ts because of a larger opening in the air box. Where can I find side by side pictures? The hole in the airbox seemed identical to factory airbox from my SRT magnum so I was hoping to see what changed were made.

Thanks!

·
Premium Member
4,634 Posts
Here's a thread that talks about the entire thing, and has side by side pictures.

http://www.challengertalk.com/forums/f37/installing-srt-air-intake-into-r-t-23701/

The SRT8 intake is very efficient, and brings in more ambient air than the R/T one due to a larger cutout from the bottom box. Also on R/T's prior to 2011 there was a baffle/silencer connected to the intake to reduce sound. Best thing about our intakes is that they don't suck hot under hood air.

I did this mod and love it! I'm happy to save hundreds of dollars. A CAI arguebly looks better but performs the same.

·
Registered
88 Posts
the Airbox has changed for 2011. So if you have a '11, the 08-10 SRT air box won't work, I don't believe. You can still use the intake tube.

·
Premium Member
542 Posts
Just bought a 6.1 air box... I know you use the bottom of it with the top of the R/T box.. but If I wanna add a K&N drop in do I use one for the 6.1 or for the 5.7 or are they the same!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts