Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Super Moderator
13,970 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Racer X compares the 5.7L Challenger R/T and Charger R/T against comparable domestic and foreign competition for 0-60 mph and 1/4 mile times. There are some interesting 4-cylinder/turbo power-to-weight match-ups.

·
Registered
2018 Challenger R/T Plus - Billet Clearcoat
375 Posts
Yeah I saw that but wtf...he compared it to a Kia. It was a dumb video imo. He must be running out of ideas.
I wouldn't own a Kia if it was givin to me.

·
Registered
2014 Shaker Boosted 392 Stroker M6
2,584 Posts
Comparing apples to kumquats...

·
Registered
35 Posts
I actually cross shopped a Stinger GT1 vs a Challenger and I would have probably bought it had Kia offered remote start and door unlocks from the app (the Telluride is the only model that currently offers it in the US that does). Canadian Stingers get that feature. That V6 is no joke and really fun to drive especially with AWD.

The Stinger is a 4 door sports sedan as is a Dodge Charger so I think the comparison is a fair one.

·
Registered
2010 R/T Classic 6M
464 Posts
Did anyone have as much trouble beating a stock STI as that Charger did in one of his vids? My buddies got a FBO tuned STI and he got a nice bus length before my cam. Stock STIs aren't even comp but in his vid it almost looked even.

·
Registered
2,584 Posts
I actually cross shopped a Stinger GT1 vs a Challenger and I would have probably bought it had Kia offered remote start and door unlocks from the app (the Telluride is the only model that currently offers it in the US that does). Canadian Stingers get that feature. That V6 is no joke and really fun to drive especially with AWD.

The Stinger is a 4 door sports sedan as is a Dodge Charger so I think the comparison is a fair one.
Yeah, they're both fugly...

·
Registered
1,308 Posts

I would agree with you. My neighbor has the GT2 and I've taken it out for a drive and it's awesome! Similar performance as the R/T but the interior is much nicer and rides better. But at $50K it's a deal breaker especially compared to a Challenger Scat Pack. Still I agree it's a good comparison.

·
Registered
35 Posts
I would agree with you. My neighbor has the GT2 and I've taken it out for a drive and it's awesome! Similar performance as the R/T but the interior is much nicer and rides better. But at $50K it's a deal breaker especially compared to a Challenger Scat Pack. Still I agree it's a good comparison.
A $50,000 KIA is a tough sell and their dealerships do not help the cause either. Most of the sales staff I dealt with getting pricing were arrogant, rude, or just did not care. They do mark down the GT1 and GT2 models a LOT at the end of model year so that is the time to get one.

·
Registered
2,584 Posts
A $50,000 KIA is a tough sell and their dealerships do not help the cause either. Most of the sales staff I dealt with getting pricing were arrogant, rude, or just did not care. They do mark down the GT1 and GT2 models a LOT at the end of model year so that is the time to get one.
Why???

·
Premium Member
2013 RT Classic
537 Posts
LOL a full size, comfortable 5 passenger sedan VS cramped import 2 or 2 with a cramped 2 passenger cars. Same for the Camaro and Ford. Waste of time.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts