Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone,

I wasn't quite able to deduce this based on the other threads here...

Does the Challenger R/T with Super Track Pack (STP) have the same brakes and suspension (shocks, anti-sway bars, etc) as a SRT8?

I think a R/T would have adequate power for my needs (I'd be getting a manual transmission), but I really want the handling as the car is pretty big. And since availability and price of the SRT8s are not as good, it'd give me a lot more options.

If there are other differences (other than the engine/intake/exhaust, and spare tire) I'd like to know about that as well.

Currently, I've found only 1 SRT8 in my price range. I've found a Backtop Edition for about $5k less (but I think I could do some haggling on both). I'm trying to not have to order a car as your bargaining power goes out the window, both on the car, and the trade in.

Thanks!!
-nb

·
Premium Member
5,641 Posts
They have some of that stuff....

Hi everyone,

I wasn't quite able to deduce this based on the other threads here...

Does the Challenger R/T with Super Track Pack (STP) have the same brakes and suspension (shocks, anti-sway bars, etc) as a SRT8?

I think a R/T would have adequate power for my needs (I'd be getting a manual transmission), but I really want the handling as the car is pretty big. And since availability and price of the SRT8s are not as good, it'd give me a lot more options.

If there are other differences (other than the engine/intake/exhaust, and spare tire) I'd like to know about that as well.

Currently, I've found only 1 SRT8 in my price range. I've found a Backtop Edition for about $5k less (but I think I could do some haggling on both). I'm trying to not have to order a car as your bargaining power goes out the window, both on the car, and the trade in.

Thanks!!
-nb
The STP equipped RT's have basically the same sway bars, shocks and stance (if you get 20 inch wheels). RT's do NOT have Brembo brakes. They have the same brakes as normal RT's...but have better brake pads. The SRT has HEADERS.... the RT has exhaust manifolds. The SRT has bigger exhaust. The SRT has a functional hood scoop, functional front splitter (cooling air is sent to the brakes), cooler steering wheel, better seats. Get an SRT. Otherwise, you will be trading up in a year or so anyway. Plus you will need to buy a blower if you want respectable power. All that stuff costs BIG $$$

·
Premium Member
4,050 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,634 Posts
The R/T's STP brakes have larger calipers than the non-STP R/T. They are very strong brakes, but not quite at the same level as SRT Brembos.

·
Premium Member
5,641 Posts
You sure?

The R/T's STP brakes have larger calipers than the non-STP R/T. They are very strong brakes, but not quite at the same level as SRT Brembos.
I don't doubt you. I've just heard SO Many times...on this site....that the difference is pads. I will say this. The STP stops [email protected] Fast.

·
Registered
‘13 Challenger SRT 6M
2,817 Posts
1 - 9 of 9 Posts