Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is it possible to order/buy a R/T challenger with the T/A hood but not get the higher wing on the trunk lid?? I like just the standard spoiler that comes on alot of R/Ts. I was on dodge website and it looks to me with the exterior appearance group you get the T/A hood and the higher wing together but I see alot of R/Ts on this forum that have the T/A hood with the spoiler I like combination....did these guys buy their challenger like this or mod it?? thanks!

·
Registered
535 Posts
:scratchhead: The hood comes with a different wing ? Never noticed, is that really true?

·
Premium Member
2,450 Posts
When mine showed up at the dealership, it was missing the scoop and spoiler.
Just a big hole in the hood, and a blank trunk.
Chrysler shipped us the parts....but sent the wrong spoiler. Mine got a regular R/T spoiler, was supposed to be the 'Go' wing spoiler. After 7 months, it sounds like I might finally get the correct spoiler installed next week...

·
Registered
82 Posts
You are right. The mopar exterior package comes with the go wing. The ones you see here are after market hoods or they bought the spoiler from some one and changed it out. Either way you will have to change the hood or the spoiler to get what you want.

·
Registered
535 Posts
From what I pulled up on the internet, the go wing does not just bolt into the same holes as the standard wing. The trunk will need refinished.

·
Premium Member
2,450 Posts
From what I pulled up on the internet, the go wing does not just bolt into the same holes as the standard wing. The trunk will need refinished.
You are correct.
And I would not accept them plugging the holes on a huge black decklid and re-drilling.
I am getting a whole new deck lid.
We're actually on our fourth....keep ordering it in, and they can't seem to get it from Wisconsin to Wyoming without beating the snot out of it. The first 3 they got in were damaged beyond repair.
They think they have a usable one now....

·
Registered
144 Posts
When I was shopping back in October/November, there was a dealer in L.A. that had a silver R/T that was exactly what I wanted, STP, Manual, etc but it had the T/A hood and that damn go spoiler. It was heavily discounted, down to 25,000 but I couldn't get past the spoiler. It would be great if Dodge would either allow the T/A hood without that spoiler or at the very least, design it so that the two different spoilers could use the same hole pattern on the trunk lid.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Yes, I'm shopping for a new challenger and the go spoiler ruins it for me too but I like the T/A hood...

·
Registered
828 Posts
According to the Dodge website build page you can order the "T/A" package then in the "exterior" section there is an option for "spoiler delete"....

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Im a few months away but this is good info!! Ive never been a dodge guy but the Challenger looks awesome!

·
Registered
3 Posts
I went the long way as in getting a challenger with a lip and adding the T/A hood.the hood is about $1300 depending on the site and it cost me $800 to have it painted.the scoops are not functional as stated before but i used a dremel tool and with some careful sanding and getting covered in hot plastic bits they are now fully functional.personally that hood looks so good its worth it

·
Registered
1,710 Posts
According to the Dodge website build page you can order the "T/A" package then in the "exterior" section there is an option for "spoiler delete"....
Yes, that's exactly how I ordered my car. Guess what, it showed up with the Go Wing anyways. I had already bought and painted a Saleen spoiler for the car, so once I got it, I had to remove the Go Wing. Guess what else, they don't come off from the underside. They have these huge plastic clips on them, and double sided tape. At the factory, they just snap them on from the top side of the deck lid. I wasn't about to jack with the deck lid, so the Wing had to give. My wife thought I was totally nuts taking a Sawzall to my brand new car.

·
Registered
1,749 Posts
Never been a fan of the go wing, kudos for the saws all !

1 - 17 of 17 Posts