Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
358 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am not off a good start. I ordered front and rear rotors and pads fomr R1. I took the car to a shop to have them installed. Nothing is right.

I think I know the problem. Everyone else seems to ask if the car has single piston or dual piston front brakes, except R1 does not ask. When you select dual piston, the kit fits SXT with dual piston and GT and R/t, the single piston choice only fits the SXT. The dual piston must be an option the window sticker says "performance brakes" under an optional package.

I am pretty sure if they sent me their kit for the GT it would fit, but I am not going to take that responsibility.

I tried to explain the issue and what I found, and all the person would say is those are the right parts for your car. Kept telling me it's here in our catalog. I kept telling them they don't fit my car, I got nowhere. I am waiting for a tag and shipping back for a refund, I hope that goes smoother.

I guess it's power stop in my future.

·
Registered
2013 R/T
230 Posts
I hot spotted a set of Raybestos Advanced Technology rotors and ordered a set of R1 fancy named rotors. When I took them out of the box and compared to the Raybestos rotors they were the exact same castings, even the black painted hat. They rebrand their stuff.

·
Registered
224 Posts
Can’t go wrong with Centric rotors with black painted hats. CentricParts website is a good source for finding the right part numbers or check out tire rack or RockAuto.

·
Premium Member
1,657 Posts
Check out power stop just installed on my 2015 RT plus awesome
also go to Carid they are a vender here , they take your vin # to make
sure your parts a correct
and they match prices

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
26,719 Posts
When I set the search for SXT Plus, I got the right size rotors and pads?

A Guy

·
Registered
358 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
When I set the search for SXT Plus, I got the right size rotors and pads?

A Guy
No option for plus for a 2019 on thier site. POwer stop just asks how many piston front brakes...which tells them everything they need to know.

·
Registered
2011 SXT Built in the Canada Plant
2,324 Posts
I got Powerstop Z17's on their sire it ask details so there is no guessing, btw did you look while they went to change to verify front single or dual calipers?
Also a FYI if you order on the Car id Site use paypal you can on your pay pal choose pay in 4 payments so it splits it bi weekly aka 2 months to pay easier
on wallet with no additional interest for that option.

·
Registered
358 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I got Powerstop Z17's on their sire it ask details so there is no guessing, btw did you look while they went to change to verify front single or dual calipers?
Also a FYI if you order on the Car id Site use paypal you can on your pay pal choose pay in 4 payments so it splits it bi weekly aka 2 months to pay easier
on wallet with no additional interest for that option.
yes I have dual piston front brakes,

·
Registered
2011 SXT Built in the Canada Plant
2,324 Posts

·
Registered
358 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
power stop z23 slotted and drilled on the way.

Now just hoping R1 sends a pickup tag and doesn't give me a hard time on the refund. Anyone with single pistons wants a deal let me know.

·
Premium Member
1,657 Posts
Your going to be really pleased with PS , I am

1 - 11 of 11 Posts