Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have seen some posts in the past asking about the R2C CAI. I debated between the LMI and the R2C and ended up pulling the trigger on the R2C. No particular reason other than price. For those considering the R2C, I am totally happy with it. The box came with all parts (I have had issues in the past with missing parts for other CAI systems) and detailed instructions. All of the parts fit nicely. No modifications needed at all to any of the parts and the system is laid out so that you can put the engine cover back on if you want to. Total install time was about an hour end to end.

One thing that I like is that the filter itself is very large compared to filters for other CAIs for the hemis. I like having the extra surface area. In terms of performance, I did not do any before/after dyno testing so I cannot confirm or deny performance claims made by R2C. I can tell you that the car does feel more responsive, especially at highway speeds. Whether it is just because I spent money and want to feel an increase or it is in fact some increase, is irrelevant. It's certainly not a night and day difference, but I would not expect that with simply a CAI install.

In sum, quality fit and finish, easy install, some perceptible performance increase, looks nice under the hood and adds a nice intake sound. Well worth it for the $$ spent. Just my $0.02 for those comparing the myriad CAI options.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Nice write up on the r2c. I've been looking for some reviews on this one. How's the seal against the hood? I've seen some people complain about the heat shield.

I bought the Arrington but think I may cancel and go with the r2c.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The seal against the hood seems fine. All in all, I am happy with the R2C. It's been in for about a month. There is some noticeable performance difference. Not dramatic and not scientifically measured. I am still happy with my decision and would make the same choice again.

·
Registered
27 Posts
1969Jets,
Just curious where you bought the R2C, I'm assuming from Speedlogix? I'm planning on getting one myself, and they seem to have the best price.

Reactions: SRT8U

·
Premium Member
8,295 Posts
Glad you like it, the R2C is a great system!

·
Registered
27 Posts
US Muscle Mods

Yeah, that's where I'm gonna get mine too. Especially now, they're having a 10 percent off sale till the 31st, plus free shipping, can't beat that!:bigthumb:

·
Registered
165 Posts
Love the R2C intake on my car. Fits great and seals great. Nice design and I think it looks more like a factory air intake due to to wider design

·
Registered
85 Posts
Love the R2C intake on my car. Fits great and seals great. Nice design and I think it looks more like a factory air intake due to to wider design
Just installed mine today. Makes the engine sound a lot meaner when you push it. As for performance, It feels a lot more responsive when you give it throttle vs the stock box.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Love mine, Ive had mine for three months installed. I also have a M'M Throttle body. All this tuned in 93 Octane. All in all 22hp difference in the power band between 2800-3400 RPM rear wheel. I am very satisfied with it. The tune increased the mid range power and made up for the extra air volume with added fuel to avoid any lean situations.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts