Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking at buying a set of Race Star 92 Drag Star (92-795452G) 17 x 9.5 wheels for my 2017 TA 392. There is a mention of a sway bar end link issue on some Challengers. Anyone know if they will fit my car without any modifications? Planning on going with MT ET Street SS 305/45/17's. For the front: Race Star 92 Drag Star 92-850445G 18x5 and MT Sportsman S/R 28x6R18. Any thought's, suggestions, issues on these would be also be appreciated.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
In case anyone wondered, the rear rims do hit the sway bar when there is no load on the rear suspension. Going to get the shorter sway bar end links to make tire swaps easier. As for the front, there is about 1/8" clearance for the Brembo's so the stick-on weights had to go. Not sure if I'll run without any weights or try to find a different place to put them.

·
Registered
177 Posts
Are they the 6 pot SRT Brembos on the front?

I've been looking at which front wheels I should run on my SRT for the strip

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Are they the 6 pot SRT Brembos on the front?

I've been looking at which front wheels I should run on my SRT for the strip
Yes, I have the same brakes on the T/A.

·
Registered
2014 SRT Core
8,875 Posts
I've been running those same rims and drag radials on my 2014 SRT and my friend also runs them on his 2015 SRT, neither of us have had any issues. It is a close fit but once you let the jack down and the wheels are under a load they seem to fit fine. I probably have over 100 drag strip passes on mine and my friend easily has that or more with no fitment issues.

I did think about getting the link kit to shorten them but knew some guys that ran without them, so figured I would give it a try. As I said above, no issues, but also its probably not going to hurt anything to go with them either.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Bought the BWoody shortened sway bar end links. Super easy to install. Took more time to jack the car up and get the tools out than it did to swap out the end links. Now the 17" rears go on and off just like the stock 20" wheels.

·
Registered
704 Posts
Bought the BWoody shortened sway bar end links. Super easy to install. Took more time to jack the car up and get the tools out than it did to swap out the end links. Now the 17" rears go on and off just like the stock 20" wheels.
Got any pics of car with the new wheels??

1 - 7 of 7 Posts