Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Premium Member
The Pork Wagon (‘14 Cop Charger)
6,555 Posts
I was just over there by Clay Cooley Dodge, there’s a brick and mortar Summit Racing in Arlington I go to for parts at least once a week, and I go by CC Dodge on the way.

Anyway, good video, but I feel like he left out an important detail to consider when comparing those two cars - rear-end ratio. Granted, they both probably had the same 3.07 rear-end, but he didn’t specify their gear ratio, so we dont know for sure.

Also, he mentions a couple times that Dodge sells more SXTs than the other trims combined. That I seems incomplete without some numbers to go along with it. I mean, if Dodge produces double the SXTs as all other trims combined, I would be shocked if they didn’t sell twice the number of SXTs.

On the other hand, if all trims were produced in equal numbers, twice the SXTs sold would indicate a clear preference in the public’s desired trim level.

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
17,957 Posts
I was glad he didn't belittle the V6, he called it about right. It has good power, you just can't compare the power to higher trims

Also, he mentions a couple times that Dodge sells more SXTs than the other trims combined. That I seems incomplete without some numbers to go along with it. I mean, if Dodge produces double the SXTs as all other trims combined, I would be shocked if they didn’t sell twice the number of SXTs.

On the other hand, if all trims were produced in equal numbers, twice the SXTs sold would indicate a clear preference in the public’s desired trim level.
Yeah, not more than the other trims combined. All V6 models yes, but not just the SXT

A Guy

·
Registered
5,897 Posts
I was glad he didn't belittle the V6, he called it about right. It has good power, you just can't compare the power to higher trims

Yeah, not more than the other trims combined. All V6 models yes, but not just the SXT

View attachment 994672

A Guy
I enjoy driving my wife's GT, it's paddle shifters are neat, the higher red line than my 2015 SXT is cool too. I just love the sound and torque of my SXT better. :D

·
Premium Member
2,397 Posts
I wouldn't make much of those sales numbers. Many of those SXT's were rental cars.

I loved the video comparison between the SXT and R/T.

·
Registered
On Order - 2020 Scat Pack Hellraisin Shaker
302 Posts
I wouldn't make much of those sales numbers. Many of those SXT's were rental cars.
I rented a 2019 Challenger from Hertz last fall. Put 1200 miles on it. It was a nicely optioned R/T, not an SXT.

Doesn't everyone take pictures of their rental car when they are on vacation? :rolleyes: FL plates, MN rental, picture in IA.

·
Premium Member
6,555 Posts
I rented a 2019 Challenger from Hertz last fall. Put 1200 miles on it. It was a nicely optioned R/T, not an SXT.

Doesn't everyone take pictures of their rental car when they are on vacation? :rolleyes: FL plates, MN rental, picture in IA.

View attachment 994687

View attachment 994688
I have changed the oil on some rental cars and even done swirl correction on others. People say I’m looney, but they are right.

·
Registered
On Order - 2020 Scat Pack Hellraisin Shaker
302 Posts
I have changed the oil on some rental cars and even done swirl correction on others. People say I’m looney, but they are right.
Ha! Those pictures were taken after the 2nd of 4 car washes that happened during that rental.

·
Premium Member
6,555 Posts
Ha! Those pictures were taken after the 2nd of 4 car washes that happened during that rental.
well to be fair, you we’re driving g a Challenger, so to not wash it while driving it would be akin to borrowing a neighbor’s lawnmower and not putting gas in it.

I changed the oil twice on an Elantra once and did swirl correction on a Sentra. Hardly the kind of vehicles to drive that anyone would care if they cratered and died. 😁

·
Registered
1,417 Posts
I enjoy driving my wife's GT, it's paddle shifters are neat, the higher red line than my 2015 SXT is cool too. I just love the sound and torque of my SXT better. :D
The SXT sounds different and has more torque than a GT? It's the same drivertrain, why would these be any difference in the sound/torque?

·
Premium Member
6,555 Posts
The SXT sounds different and has more torque than a GT? It's the same drivertrain, why would these be any difference in the sound/torque?
if one is a pre-2015 model, it will have the old NAG1 A5 trans with a higher 1st gear and more space in between the gears. It would definitely feel as though it had less torque at WOT than the 2015 with the ZF A8

·
Registered
5,897 Posts
if one is a pre-2015 model, it will have the old NAG1 A5 trans with a higher 1st gear and more space in between the gears. It would definitely feel as though it had less torque at WOT than the 2015 with the ZF A8
My 2015 Challenger is titled as an SXT Plus with R/T package or some crap Mopar did in 2015 only.

·
Premium Member
6,555 Posts
My 2015 Challenger is titled as an SXT Plus with R/T package or some crap Mopar did in 2015 only.
You, sir, have clearly gone insane, and it’s causing you to babble incoherently. I mean, an R/T SXT?!? Yeah, right! What’s next, an R/T minivan??

Oh wait, hold on, I’ve just been informed there is in fact a R/T trim for Dodge’s Caravan.

Okay, fine, so up is down, Black is white, and cats are laying with dogs. All that notwithstanding, an R/T SXT? No sir, not possible!

·
Registered
5,897 Posts
You, sir, have clearly gone insane, and it’s causing you to babble incoherently. I mean, an R/T SXT?!? Yeah, right! What’s next, an R/T minivan??

Oh wait, hold on, I’ve just been informed there is in fact a R/T trim for Dodge’s Caravan.

Okay, fine, so up is down, Black is white, and cats are laying with dogs. All that notwithstanding, an R/T SXT? No sir, not possible!
@A Guy please help me explain the 2015 SXT with R/T package.

·
Registered
5,897 Posts

see post 3

·
Premium Member
6,555 Posts
Pffft! I can code HTML and CSS well enough to fabricate a web page to support the existence of Bigfoot!

Besides, facts can be used to prove things that are even remotely true...

Reactions: Frank Julian

·
Premium Member
2018 Dodge Challenger T/A Plus in Yellow Jacket w/5.7L and A8 automatic
1,207 Posts
Pffft! I can code HTML and CSS well enough to fabricate a web page to support the existence of Bigfoot!

Besides, facts can be used to prove things that are even remotely true...
I’d like to see a webpage you designed showing Bigfoot working on some FoMoCo product......now that would be the shiznit.

Reactions: Parrott_350

·
Premium Member
6,555 Posts
He might be an overgrown ape with a simple brain, but even Bigfoot knows better than to try to fix a Ford!

So to attempt to convince people they’ve got evidence showing him doing that would be the acme of foolishness.

I would never try to pass off such a bogus page, as it would be an undeniable fake, easily spotted by even the most uneducated of observers.

Reactions: GSBrockman
1 - 20 of 35 Posts