Dodge Challenger Forum banner

21 - 35 of 35 Posts

·
Premium Member
2018 Dodge Challenger T/A Plus in Yellow Jacket w/5.7L and A8 automatic
1,207 Posts
He might be an overgrown ape with a simple brain, but even Bigfoot knows better than to try to fix a Ford!

So to attempt to convince people they’ve got evidence showing him doing that would be the acme of foolishness.

I would never try to pass off such a bogus page, as it would be an undeniable fake, easily spotted by even the most uneducated of observers.
This coming from someone that used the word “ACME” in their reply. :LOL:
Most of us know how that works out in certain cartoons.

Reactions: grandpa-srt4

·
Premium Member
1,207 Posts
@Nuke
Based on what I recall from my previous ownership of a 2016 SXT Plus....the SXT Plus test car should have been equipped with 3.07 gearing as well. For whatever reasons....the non Plus cars had 2.65 gearing.

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
17,957 Posts
So much to digest!

Feel free to paste that VIN# into EVERY Window Sticker lookup you can find. Mass conspiracy???

SXT w/ Blacktop, and any SXT Plus had/have a 3.07 rear. When the Super Sport Group was available, that had a 3.07 as well

And Daryl is a Mopar guy, err, creature

A Guy

Reactions: GSBrockman

·
Registered
On Order - 2020 Scat Pack Hellraisin Shaker
302 Posts
Racer X just loves to yak. I gave up watching his crap.
Well, yeah. But that's what his channel is about. There are a lot worse channels out there with 90% padding at 10% content.

At the end of the day, most of us are probably just jealous. He drives a Hellcat Charger, and his wife drives the Scat Pack. She goes to the track with him and she races the Scat Pack. Take the Mopars out of the equation. Heck, take cars out of the equation. Most of us would be fortunate to have a spouse who enjoys our hobby along with us.

·
Premium Member
The Pork Wagon (‘14 Cop Charger)
6,555 Posts
...Heck, take cars out of the equation. Most of us would be fortunate to have a spouse who enjoys our hobby along with us.
I called Mrs Nuke one night to come bring me some tools so I could try to get The Bacon Hauler back home from where it broke down, and she rather loudly exclaimed, “That piece of shit car breaks down on you because you work on it all the time!!

I feel like I should have pointed out the flaw in her logic, but it was midnight and I had already had the local cops hassle me, I just wanted her to come bring me some tools ASAP...

·
Premium Member
The Pork Wagon (‘14 Cop Charger)
6,555 Posts
@Nuke
Based on what I recall from my previous ownership of a 2016 SXT Plus....the SXT Plus test car should have been equipped with 3.07 gearing as well. For whatever reasons....the non Plus cars had 2.65 gearing.
right, that’s what I said...right?

·
Registered
14,410 Posts
The axle ratio just based on the tires, from 15-up all with 18-inch wheels have a 2.62 and all with 20's have a 3.07.

So SXT Plus or any package that includes 20's like Blacktop, Super Sport, Super Track Pack, etc. will all get 3.07's.

On pre-15 you used to be able to order the 3.0X ratio with 18-inch wheels for $100 but don't think that option was available after 2014.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
17,957 Posts
I called Mrs Nuke one night to come bring me some tools so I could try to get The Bacon Hauler back home from where it broke down, and she rather loudly exclaimed, “That piece of shit car breaks down on you because you work on it all the time!!

I feel like I should have pointed out the flaw in her logic, but it was midnight and I had already had the local cops hassle me, I just wanted her to come bring me some tools ASAP...
Can you point out the flaw in her logic to us?

A Guy

Reactions: GSBrockman

·
Premium Member
2,397 Posts
I rented a 2019 Challenger from Hertz last fall. Put 1200 miles on it. It was a nicely optioned R/T, not an SXT.

Doesn't everyone take pictures of their rental car when they are on vacation? :rolleyes: FL plates, MN rental, picture in IA.

View attachment 994687

View attachment 994688
Haaa. We are soooo alike. This is a Charger R/T I rented out in Arizona.

IMG_3412 (Copy).JPG

·
Registered
2018 Scat Pack SHAKER in Plum Crazy
1,803 Posts
The only 3.6 I have driven was in a Durango rental car with 4 adults and luggage, and I was extremely impressed how well it drove.

·
Premium Member
1,207 Posts
right, that’s what I said...right?
Well....to get technical....you did use the word “probably”

“Granted, they both probably had the same 3.07 rear-end, but he didn’t specify their gear ratio, so we dont know for sure.”

·
Registered
337 Posts
Ha! Those pictures were taken after the 2nd of 4 car washes that happened during that rental.
Yep, rented a 5.7 Challenger RT from Enterprise for a week on the gulf coast last year, went and bought a brand new Scat Pack Shaker two weeks later, Same color !
Used a bottle of Chemical guys Extreme detail enhancer spray on that rental that week ( it's my avatar ) I wish I could have kept the Texas tags.
I have been making my Virginia tags black and white style like Texas. They look better.
Turing all blues & reds to black with the white background.
When western Virginia gets annexed to West Virginia, I'll be ready (y)
In fact 'today' we have owned our Challenger one year !
best
parrott

·
Registered
On Order - 2020 Scat Pack Hellraisin Shaker
302 Posts
Yep, rented a 5.7 Challenger RT from Enterprise for a week on the gulf coast last year, went and bought a brand new Scat Pack Shaker two weeks later, ...
HA! Not as quick as you. Took me a good six months between my week long test drive rental and placing the order for my Scat Pack. (y)

·
Premium Member
1,207 Posts
Reactions: Parrott_350

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
17,957 Posts
Reactions: Parrott_350
21 - 35 of 35 Posts