Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Banned
241 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hopefully this is not a repeat question. In researching racing fuels and additives I do like the Torco 108UL. Has anyone here run this fuel and if so, any response positive or negative would be greatly appreciated.

·
Banned
4,131 Posts
wont do a thing for your car unless you tune to it (can actually hurt performance if tuned to 93 or less). when you tune for race gas, make sure it is something that you can get regularly. check whats available locally

·
Banned
241 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
wont do a thing for your car unless you tune to it (can actually hurt performance if tuned to 93 or less). when you tune for race gas, make sure it is something that you can get regularly. check whats available locally
I can get 110 octane locally but it is leaded and I don't want to have to worry about the O2 sensors. The Torco 108UL is their actual fuel (unleaded) and not the additive which they say is slightly different. You can purchase the fuel in 5 or 55 gallon containers. Before I make a purchase I was hoping that someone on CT has used their fuel.

Thanks for your insight.

·
Administrator
2009 Challenger R/T
8,919 Posts
your really should talk with your tuner about what your looking to run and make sure he gets a separate tune with the fuel also with today's technology you have different fuels for different motor combination's based on compression and so on. Most of the fuels that are readily available are designed for the high compression motors and not the low compression with forced induction. I have a place that is closer to you that would be more than willing to help you out. Shoot me a pm bro :)

·
Banned
241 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Okay...maybe I failed to acknowledge that I'm very aware of what is entailed in tuning a car with respect to fuel, etc. I'm also aware of the different fuels out there. I will be running an ice box to keep the supercharger cool and I'm running a race tune with my new build at 18-20 psi. This is all if I decide to upgrade my current SC to the KB 3.6LC. The torco website claims the 108UL fuel is designed for my specific setup.

My question once again is directed to anyone that has used this racing fuel. I'm looking for positive or negative feedback specific to the Torco 108UL (unleaded) racing fuel. Thank you for your responses.

·
Banned
7,566 Posts
I have not used this fuel.

You bringing that beast to ChallengerFest2?

·
Premium Member
2,328 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,634 Posts
Mnpoolman why are you asking a question about fuel? AJ Master Tuner will be able to answer all your questions. He tuned Jeff to 730 rwhp on pump gas so you might not need race fuel.

·
Premium Member
4,384 Posts
torco octane booster works great but it fouls the plugs quick.
Never ran the gas from them, Look at VP also they make some great fuel.
None of the tracks i've been to sell Torco Fuels but they all sell VP FWIW

·
Banned
1,540 Posts
I have to agree with Buckwheat on this one. Also, do you plan on using this fuel exclusively? If so, you're limiting yourself as far as driving range. I too would like to see this car at CF2 and see how it does against less superior builds. No wait, if you're gonna use racing fuel exclusively you're gonna have to stay home. Nevermind.

Jack

·
Banned
241 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Wow....there is a lot of bashing once again and go figure it comes from some of the same people as always. I asked a very simple question and only one person answered the question asked as others decided it was better to ask me "why". Thank you SRT5939 for your input. The bottom line is I'm looking at a 900+ HP build and I highly doubt 93 octane will produce the results I'm looking for. I will be running a 12-15 psi street tune and a 20-22 psi race tune. I'm truly sorry if I offend some of you with my questions but I thought this is what the forum is for. My goal is to have one of the fastest street legal new style challengers in the nation and I sense some bitterness from some members of this forum. I guess you only get "cred" on this sight if you "build" your own car. I've decided to upgrade my SMS SC to the KB 3.6LC running Mr. Norm's 8 rib 7.35 pulley system to include the Mammoth 79x168 Throttle Body and 105# injectors using Mr. Norm's supercharger boost box or WOT box. I'm upgrading the rearend to the 8.8. I'm not running meth but will have an ice box installed. I will be running drag slicks and not drag radials. Any other questions? I do look forward to racing any member of this forum but no, I can't make it to challenger fest. I cannot make it to any event from April - October due to my business operation. I will run the Texas Mile this fall and plan on attending a few other events during the Nov. - Mar. months. Again, I'm sorry if I do not fit your criteria to be a viable member of this forum.

·
Banned
7,566 Posts
Sorry you can't make it. I was hoping to see this thing in action.

You should hit up HemiSam when you hit the mile. I'm going to TX to hang with him during his mile runs in March and I'm sure he'll go back in the fall.

·
Premium Member
4,384 Posts
Wow....there is a lot of bashing once again and go figure it comes from some of the same people as always. I asked a very simple question and only one person answered the question asked as others decided it was better to ask me "why". Thank you SRT5939 for your input. The bottom line is I'm looking at a 900+ HP build and I highly doubt 93 octane will produce the results I'm looking for. I will be running a 12-15 psi street tune and a 20-22 psi race tune. I'm truly sorry if I offend some of you with my questions but I thought this is what the forum is for. My goal is to have one of the fastest street legal new style challengers in the nation and I sense some bitterness from some members of this forum. I guess you only get "cred" on this sight if you "build" your own car. I've decided to upgrade my SMS SC to the KB 3.6LC running Mr. Norm's 8 rib 7.35 pulley system to include the Mammoth 79x168 Throttle Body and 105# injectors using Mr. Norm's supercharger boost box or WOT box. I'm upgrading the rearend to the 8.8. I'm not running meth but will have an ice box installed. I will be running drag slicks and not drag radials. Any other questions? I do look forward to racing any member of this forum but no, I can't make it to challenger fest. I cannot make it to any event from April - October due to my business operation. I will run the Texas Mile this fall and plan on attending a few other events during the Nov. - Mar. months. Again, I'm sorry if I do not fit your criteria to be a viable member of this forum.
the 168TB is that the new one?
i run the 150
the 8 rib set up is super nice wait to you see that.
The WOT Box Tim designed and build is also a thing of beauty and works flawlessly, made my car a pleasure to drive again at 14psi on the street.
The WOT Box will cause the boost to read low on the Dnyo but it really is'nt low. Mine showed 10.7 or so boost but really was toping out at 13.9 14 psi.
Arrington has done some of these 3.6 builds already so they should have no problem with yours those guys do nice work.
Come to LX nationals in Nov. at Atco

·
Banned
241 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Sorry you can't make it. I was hoping to see this thing in action.

You should hit up HemiSam when you hit the mile. I'm going to TX to hang with him during his mile runs in March and I'm sure he'll go back in the fall.
I viewed the results from the last Texas Mile run and HemiSam had a nice top speed. I'm curious to see how much faster he can go and what he has done to increase the speed.

·
Banned
241 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
the 168TB is that the new one?
i run the 150
the 8 rib set up is super nice wait to you see that.
The WOT Box Tim designed and build is also a thing of beauty and works flawlessly, made my car a pleasure to drive again at 14psi on the street.
The WOT Box will cause the boost to read low on the Dnyo but it really is'nt low. Mine showed 10.7 or so boost but really was toping out at 13.9 14 psi.
Arrington has done some of these 3.6 builds already so they should have no problem with yours those guys do nice work.
Come to LX nationals in Nov. at Atco
The 168TB is listed on the kenne bell website as the largest available tb for the hemi's but I have no idea how new it is. Thanks for the info with regards to the WOT box. I was a little concerned about running such a large SC without some sort of throttle control to prevent that unwanted or unplanned squirrely takeoff during normal driving. Are you running meth to keep your system cool or are you not having any heat issues? There is a very good chance that myself and a few local guys will be attending the LX Nationals.

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
I can get 110 octane locally but it is leaded and I don't want to have to worry about the O2 sensors. The Torco 108UL is their actual fuel (unleaded) and not the additive which they say is slightly different. You can purchase the fuel in 5 or 55 gallon containers. Before I make a purchase I was hoping that someone on CT has used their fuel.

Thanks for your insight.
tune to ms 109 sensor safe and you can make good hp on it

·
Registered
691 Posts
The 168mm is a cable driven TB only and will only work on a Dodge running a FAST system with a Ford TPS.

20-22 psi on a 3.6 KB will require more than 108 octane.. I personally wouldn't run anything under c116 on that boost level..

I use Q16 because of its fast burn rate. Regular C116 does provide lower EGT's than Q16. But tuned properly Q16 nets more HP and doesn't fuel fool plugs like C116 does.

Running an unleaded fuel at a lower octane on 22 psi isn't a good idea imho..

Aj knows what he is doing, I would let him decide what octane to tune you for based on EGT/ACT temps.

·
Banned
241 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
The 168mm is a cable driven TB only and will only work on a Dodge running a FAST system with a Ford TPS.

20-22 psi on a 3.6 KB will require more than 108 octane.. I personally wouldn't run anything under c116 on that boost level..

I use Q16 because of its fast burn rate. Regular C116 does provide lower EGT's than Q16. But tuned properly Q16 nets more HP and doesn't fuel fool plugs like C116 does.

Running an unleaded fuel at a lower octane on 22 psi isn't a good idea imho..

Aj knows what he is doing, I would let him decide what octane to tune you for based on EGT/ACT temps.
Tim - thanks for the input and without a doubt I have every intention to take AJ's recommendations. I'm simply doing some research on my own with the different fuels out there. I take it that I will need the D2300 (KB's number) for the TB.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts