Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
So basically I don't ride with anyone else and know even fewer with a manual trans. So I'm curious to know from some of the more experienced guys how I'm doing. In the video I put a lapel mic under the hood so you can hear the revs, launch and shifts. I know it would be even better to ask the question with a better video including a view of the rpm range but I haven't got a mount set up for that yet, I am shifting around 6,600 rpm each gear. Car is a stock 392 with some mufflers, even tires are still 245's, I just cant seem to break out of the 13's my best run in the video is a 13.3, PB is a 13.01 average 60' is 2.2, launching around 2k, ESP full off, sport mode on.

feel free to watch the video either way
https://www.youtube.com/watch?edit=vd&v=4-rosSbXP7c

·
Registered
199 Posts
I take my 14 SRT8 M6 Chally to our local track about once a month. I cannot launch my car at anything over 1.5K rpm or I'll spin the factory rubber bad through the 60'. I have now gotten to a point where my times are more consistent; first I lower the rear tires to 18 psi and inflate the front tires to 40 psi. Next I drive around the water box, turn off the esp completely and do a quick dry tire spin to clean off any rocks or dust. I launch my car at 1.5K and slip the clutch then stomp on the gas. The last time I was at the track I made three runs about an hour apart and ran almost identical times of 13.1 @ 110 mph with a 2.1 60’ time. It might not sound like a much but trying to be consistent with a stick car is very hard, lots of things you have to get just right. I am working on purchasing some 17” cobra rims and drag radials, and then I can do some 3K launches. I have only broke into the 12's once and just barely, ran a 12.99 @ 111 mph with a 2.0 60" after a front brought down some real cold air. Haven't been able to duplicate that run since then on the factory rubber.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts