Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Im kinda just BS'n around the internet, came across lightweight racing seats. Do the v6 models have to worry about all that air bag sensor crap? Just curious, anybody swapped their front seats out for something lighter? Any suggestions on a great affordable lightweight seat? And who makes brackets? Just trying to lighten the thing up. Thanks

·
Premium Member
1,809 Posts
Well, From what I've seen. The sensors are all the same roughly. Although you can replace the seats with any seat you want and trick the car into thinking you still have the stock seats from what I've heard by using a 2ohm resistor.

I doubt any company makes mounting brackets for seats for the challenger (at least non I've seen) although You could probably make some or have some made out of lightweight aluminum, I've had a friend remake his seat brackets for his R32 Skyline.

As for seats, it depends on what you want, Im assuming you want something comfy that doesn't look like a super "Fast and Furious" styled racing seat so you have a few options which I have also looked at, be it You need to make sure they will clear everything you need in the interior (Which I have not researched.) although Ill link some of my personal favourites that could look like they came from the factory if they fit.

Prices vary on Brand, Materials, and options (such as heated seat options)

Sparco USA

I find sparco makes good seats that could look stock such as their R700s and their R505 which are my personal favourites.

Hope this helps a bit.

Shifty

·
Premium Member
1,809 Posts

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thanks for the replies! Im sure if I search hard enough somebody makes something to fake out the sensors and also a set of brackets. I was just curious if anybody else had done this.

·
Premium Member
1,809 Posts
thanks for the replies! Im sure if I search hard enough somebody makes something to fake out the sensors and also a set of brackets. I was just curious if anybody else had done this.
Apparently all you need is a 2ohm resistor (i learned this from someone in Germany who wanted to put Porsche Racing Seats in his Challenger. he said it will work.)

Shifty

·
Registered
828 Posts
"If you swap your SRS seats for Viper seats then you will run into the Air Bag light being on. Same thing if you change the steering wheel or install the passengers side airbag delete. All you have to do is Solder in a 2 watt 2 ohm resistor in place of the airbag. MAKE SURE THE BATTERY IS DISCONNECTED BEFORE YOU START DOING THIS! AND WAIT AT LEAST 2 MINUTES!! You will solder these into the car side of the airbag harness. It makes no difference what side of the resistor you connect to what wire."

Above is what I found on another dodge forum site.....

1 - 8 of 8 Posts