Dodge Challenger Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, long time follower and I'm really hoping somebody can help me out. I live in San Bernardino and it gets very very hot here. It seems that my stock fan isn't cutting it or at the very least I would like to upgrade it to something that moves a bit more air at slower speeds. I was thinking about putting a twin fan in but everywhere I look they all have the two pin connector style. I have the block of four with three pins connecting. am I missing something because I'm looking all over the place to see if there's some way to rewire it or a conversion or what I need to do but I'm just not finding anything. Any help would be awesome.

it's a 2010 Challenger SE that's had the v6 pulled and a 5.7 put in it with the 6.1 heads and cam a nag1 transmission and hellcat rear end with 3.91's.

·
Registered
‘74 Duster 360 4M
672 Posts
I thought I could help, but the more I looked into it, the less sure I could give input.

Looking at RockAuto, I did notice that the the single fan has a harness plugged into the fan and then some kind of box on the shroud with the plug with the 3 pins. But the dual fan doesn't seem to have this harness, while it does appear to have a spot for the box.

So then I went at looked at used radiators and found this picture:

It appears to show a harness that runs up to a plug with 3 wires.

So maybe you need to find a used 2 fan setup like the above or find the harness to go with a new fan assembly.

No idea if the fans would be controlled correctly though. Might be that the PCM is setup to control both fans and doesn't care when only one is plugged in. Might be that something needs to be changed to get both fans to come up besides just plugging them in.

Sorry I can't help any more than that.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks DionR, I know right, seems like it should be simple enough. I'm assuming the 3 wire is for high/low I would guess. Just not sure if I can jump 3 down to 2 and fun high all the time.

The search continues lol.

·
Registered
‘74 Duster 360 4M
672 Posts
Thanks DionR, I know right, seems like it should be simple enough. I'm assuming the 3 wire is for high/low I would guess. Just not sure if I can jump 3 down to 2 and fun high all the time.

The search continues lol.
Makes sense that the 3 wires would be for high/low on a dual fan setup, but how does that work since your current fan only has 2 wires at the motor? Where does the third wire on the plug go right now?

I am understanding that right now you have 3 wires going into the plug, but only a single fan. Right?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.