Dodge Challenger Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First the particulars: I’ve had the car 3 yrs now, 2012 R/T Classic, 5.7, manual, ProCharger.
So car stated overheating sitting in traffic. The A/C starts to blow hot air then the temp starts going up all the way into the red. I found that the radiator fans are not kicking on. So far I’ve checked the wiring, fuses and relays. Fans will spin freely.
1. The blend door was clicking but that has stopped. Would the HVAC system have anything to do with the fans?
2. I have the dual fans but all the parts stores show a single fan OE replacement. Any recommendations on where to get a dual setup?
I’ll be checking for power at the fan next but wanted to hear what y’all experts had to say. Thanks

·
Premium Member
2011 R/T 6M Bright White, 590whp 490wtq, Whipple 10psi, 274 cam, 1 7/8 LT headers, 429 gears
1,505 Posts
Check out this post:

·
Premium Member
5,288 Posts
And here I thought you were a fan of The Radiators!

·
Registered
2020 Dodge Challenger Hellraisin Scat Pack
5,205 Posts
First the particulars: I’ve had the car 3 yrs now, 2012 R/T Classic, 5.7, manual, ProCharger.
So car stated overheating sitting in traffic. The A/C starts to blow hot air then the temp starts going up all the way into the red. I found that the radiator fans are not kicking on. So far I’ve checked the wiring, fuses and relays. Fans will spin freely.
1. The blend door was clicking but that has stopped. Would the HVAC system have anything to do with the fans?
2. I have the dual fans but all the parts stores show a single fan OE replacement. Any recommendations on where to get a dual setup?
I’ll be checking for power at the fan next but wanted to hear what y’all experts had to say. Thanks
One test would be to supply the fan(s) with 12V shop power at the connector to verify the electric motors work. Assuming all that is needed is 12V power if the fans do not work well, bad fans, bad fan motors.

If the fans run, then the next test would be to look for a signal from the engine controller to turn on the fans. A tech with a proper diagnostic tool should be able to manually turn on the fans to any speed supported and monitor at the wiring harness connector to the fan connector a voltage level or signal that should turn on the fans.

If the signal is not present or not up to spec then this points a finger at the engine controller.

I would get the radiator fans working then look into the A/C. Could be the A/C blew hot air because the air flow through the condenser was not enough to cool the refrigerant and revert it back to a liquid.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts