Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anybody know for sure where this modules located I think it’s the passenger side behind the sail panel but I’m not sure I’ve lost all a.m. stations and my rear defroster isn’t working I’m thinking it’s the module any help would be appreciated

·
Super Moderator
17,238 Posts
the antenna amplifier should be on the passenger side - behind that c-pillar trim panel

·
Premium Member
The Bacon Hauler (‘12 Cop Charger)
9,439 Posts
Did you happen to install an aftermarket head-unit recently?

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Actually yes I did replace the original stereo because it also would not pick up am stations it also didn’t sound very well from what I’ve seen the module has the rear window defroster plugged into it too and Mine does not work Things that make you go hmmm

·
Premium Member
9,439 Posts
Actually yes I did replace the original stereo because it also would not pick up am stations it also didn’t sound very well from what I’ve seen the module has the rear window defroster plugged into it too and Mine does not work Things that make you go hmmm
I read somewhere (a receiver review on Crutchfield’s?) that the antenna has a 5v booster signal that goes to that c-pillar in the back by the back windshield, and if it’s damaged or if the stock head-unit is replaced, radio reception pretty much goes away. You’re likey onto something with your hypothesis, but I don’t know if it’s fixable or even how hard it might be to verify.

Which means YOU are our only hope! You must solve this mystery and report back to the rest of us, all of our radio reception hopes and dreams are in your hands! 🧐

We’re all praying for your success. 🙏

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
26,731 Posts

A Guy

·
Premium Member
9,439 Posts

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
26,731 Posts
I have no answer to that...

A Guy

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanks for the diagram Guy I’m afraid I will have to rip the whole ass end out of this thing just to get to the module

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Update guys I pulled to sail panel off and it doesn’t look anything like a guys diagram I ordered a new module when it comes in I’m gonna do the ******* version of OK here’s the part now can we find the bad one

·
Super Moderator
17,238 Posts
Update guys I pulled to sail panel off and it doesn’t look anything like a guys diagram I ordered a new module when it comes in I’m gonna do the ******* version of OK here’s the part now can we find the bad one
I wonder if it might under the rear parcel shelf trim panel? I know the upper grid is the antenna on the rear window and one end of the antenna amplifier attaches to that grid

·
Registered
2015 RT 5.7 M6
9,784 Posts
Rear defroster is separate from the audio system. As for loss of AM station here are some things to check.

This is how the connections run.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
OK latest update it looks like this thing is probably in the area of the third brake light I will send you a picture of the sale panel because there’s something in there that looks like a hydraulic ram?

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Found it it’s bolted to the roof above the third brake light the two connections were on but not clipped clipped them on still no a.m. radio got the new part clipped it on still no a.m.Does anybody know where the exact fuse for that thing is?

1 - 20 of 22 Posts