Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Somtimes it takes up to 20 seconds for my tunes to fire up after I have started my Challenger. Has anyone else experienced this issue or is it a "normal" delay in the system:scratchhead:

·
Premium Member
3,548 Posts
99% of the time mine fires up right away but there is that 1% of the time it takes over a minute and sometimes even longer before the screen shows up. I was thinking that maybe it was the cold temperature affecting it because it never does it on normal temperate days. The delay is also after the car has been sitting for sometime. Possibly the satellite attempting to get a fix??

·
Registered
9 Posts
i had a blank screen for at least 35min(whole drive to work).turned off car and re-started , still blank. went into work frustrated, came out after work and it's been fine for a month. hopefully not a recurring problem!

·
Premium Member
3,546 Posts
i had a blank screen for at least 35min(whole drive to work).turned off car and re-started , still blank. went into work frustrated, came out after work and it's been fine for a month. hopefully not a recurring problem!
Make sure you back up anything you put on HDD. One of the guys on here had his about full and when his radio needed replaced they changed it out under waranty but wouldn't transfer the files from the old one to the new one.

·
Premium Member
2,984 Posts
Normally mine comes on within a few seconds either Sat or HDD.

Every so often though it can take maybe minute or more. I wonder if it is re-indexing the HDD or something like that.

The one in the Jeep does the same thing. Nature of the beast I guess.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts