Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Over the past couple of months I have been having radio issues in my '12 SXT. At first the FM and AM stopped working but the Sat radio would still work. This morning went to leave for work and now the Sat doesn't work. When on any of those three modes, the volume knob on the radio and on the back of the steering wheel do not do anything. You can turn the know and press the button and the volume doesn't appear on the screen. Is this a sign that a new radio is needed?

·
Premium Member
2,079 Posts
Over the past couple of months I have been having radio issues in my '12 SXT. At first the FM and AM stopped working but the Sat radio would still work. This morning went to leave for work and now the Sat doesn't work. When on any of those three modes, the volume knob on the radio and on the back of the steering wheel do not do anything. You can turn the know and press the button and the volume doesn't appear on the screen. Is this a sign that a new radio is needed?
Yes. It sounds like your radio was slowly dying. The AM/FM stations have a different antenna than the SAT.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Damn. AM/FM stopped working months ago, and SAT yesterday. Haven't tried aux port or bluetooth yet. Is it something I can just swap in a new radio?

·
Registered
1,543 Posts
yep, head unit is bricking out..it will slowly get worse until nothing operates/or unit fails to come on/load up at all.
like you, I waited and when mine finally went, it took sport mode and a few other non-radio related functions with it (have no idea how/why) which then required dealer intervention.
I believe its a simple swap if you're staying with the same exact head unit. I would stongly suggest you dont let it totally crap out.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts