Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What is going on just bought 2013 RT with 730 Nav and it seems like that something in the radio head is running. Tonight it seems not to be shutting down at all. I am sure that is a drain on the battery. Anyone else having that problem?

·
Registered
1,265 Posts
What is going on just bought 2013 RT with 730 Nav and it seems like that something in the radio head is running. Tonight it seems not to be shutting down at all. I am sure that is a drain on the battery. Anyone else having that problem?
Go into evic and change the setting for how long power is on after engine is off. I have mine on 15 seconds.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
955 Posts
It should turn off when you open your door. It's a feature to keep accessories on after you cut the engine in case you're rocking out to a good song. I've got mine set on 1 hour since I tend to spend a little time in my car rocking out sometimes.

·
Registered
1,744 Posts
He is probably referring to the noises of the head unit when everything is off. I will completely shut off until you open the door or turn on head lamps or another accessory then you hear it making noises again. Youll also hear the HVAC system flap open and close. This is all normal.

·
Registered
955 Posts
Yeah if you're talking about mechanical noises those happen for up to an hour after power off. I've spent a good bit of time in the cabin doing acoustic measurements and those little noises constantly mess with my readings. Totally normal in my experience. The worst is the A/C flaps opening and closing.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts