Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So my stock everything 2016 Challenger sxt radio continously starts up blares music and shuts off over a period of 5 minutes everytime. Can't change the radio station but adjust temperature and breeze. Can control the volume. I already played with the fuses and circuit breakers but nothing has changed. The car only has 40k miles on it. Can someone help me out?

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
17,725 Posts
Welcome to Challengertalk ;) Does the display go blank/shut off, or just the audio disappears? After 5 minutes what?

There were a number of flashes for enhanced operation/various issues. If it's not software, could be the head unit, or the amp if it's an Alpine 6 speaker or plus

A Guy

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Welcome to Challengertalk ;) Does the display go blank/shut off, or just the audio disappears? After 5 minutes what?

There were a number of flashes for enhanced operation/various issues. If it's not software, could be the head unit, or the amp if it's an Alpine 6 speaker or plus

A Guy
The screen shuts off and the comes back on and stays in the start up mode. The music resets to 25 volume and stays on one station and repeats this process

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
17,725 Posts
That sounds like a head unit issue. As I mentioned, there were several flashes for issues with the 2009. Not knowing which yours has, and if they would show up after all this time I can't say. I'd try the disconnect battery for a while thing, see if it will reset

A Guy

·
Registered
516 Posts
I know you said you were stock but I have to ask anyway - do you have an insurance 'pod' or anything plugged into the OBD port?

As A Guy mentioned, a battery disconnect is always a good first step if you haven't tried this already. Let us know

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I know you said you were stock but I have to ask anyway - do you have an insurance 'pod' or anything plugged into the OBD port?

As A Guy mentioned, a battery disconnect is always a good first step if you haven't tried this already. Let us know
Don't have an insurance pod, or anything. I'm going to try for leave the battery disconnected for a bit and see if that works.

·
Registered
516 Posts
Ok let us know, that's always a good place to start when it comes to radio issues.

I should also mention low battery voltage or state of charge can cause the radio to flake out too so you may want to look into battery performance as well.

·
Premium Member
2,377 Posts
Which radio do you have? The 5" or the 8.4"?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Ok let us know, that's always a good place to start when it comes to radio issues.

I should also mention low battery voltage or state of charge can cause the radio to flake out too so you may want to look into battery performance as well.
I'll take a look into that as well thank you

1 - 10 of 10 Posts