Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
230 Posts
Dealership or email the person you bought it from. You can also try stevewhite.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I understand the dealere needs both the donor vehicle serial number and the radio serial number to find the code. I purchased a redio without a code being supplied but can't get the code without the car serial number...
There is a site that says they can find a code for you, it's in the UK so they charge British pounds or Euros I suppose. There are pretty good reviews but I haven't gone there yet. Check the radio serial number on "radio-code.co.uk/chrysler-radio-codes" to see if they might have it, if you can't get in touch with the seller.

·
Registered
393 Posts
not sure why the seller would not have the vin of the car it came out. That is pretty much standard practice from reputable salvage yards/ebay sellers. I bought several items off ebay to swap in my car like hvac stack, usb hub, and something else I cant remember, but they all came with a tag on them that had the vin number of the car it came out of. I put all the vins in a text file with the part number/description in case I need to go to the dealer to get the item flashed due to a recall or my car has a tsb for one of the parts I swapped, I wouldnt want them flashing the parts to older firmware or not the same family because it was currently different then what my parts list had listed with them.

Ron

·
Premium Member
768 Posts
I understand the dealere needs both the donor vehicle serial number and the radio serial number to find the code. I purchased a redio without a code being supplied but can't get the code without the car serial number...
There is a site that says they can find a code for you, it's in the UK so they charge British pounds or Euros I suppose. There are pretty good reviews but I haven't gone there yet. Check the radio serial number on "radio-code.co.uk/chrysler-radio-codes" to see if they might have it, if you can't get in touch with the seller.
if you use the site you just posted (Try this site here.. https://www.ivgsoft.com/radiocode.php?mk=8)you just need the number on the radio.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts