Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, it's been over 2 months since I ordered my TA, and I'm still waiting. Last week I was told by the dealer it's at the rail yard, and will be here by tuesday at the latest, yet here we are on Thursday with no word. I sent the dealer an email Tuesday, and they didn't even bother to respond which is nice. My USAA $1000 rebate expires on 9/28. How long are people getting stuck at the rail yard? This has been a long and frustrating process, when I ordered I was under the impression they were getting these cars built quick, but I guess not. How are others going who have had recent builds?

·
Registered
2,001 Posts
Two things I would do, call USAA , explain the situation and see if they will still honor the rebate, second call the dealer and just explain to him about the rebate offer an see if it will apply if the car is delivered after the 28th. A third option would be to finalize the sale, but I would be hesitant cause you are going to want to look over the car.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,559 Posts
Annnd, just got word it's in now! They are detailing and putting on the window tint, then I'm going to pick it up! Finally!
Be sure you give the car a thorough going over to confirm it is as you ordered it. If you accept the car and find out it isn't as you ordered it it is difficult to get this sorted.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Be sure you give the car a thorough going over to confirm it is as you ordered it. If you accept the car and find out it isn't as you ordered it it is difficult to get this sorted.
Will do, they have me scheduled to come in tomorrow at 10am. I'll be sure to check it out well before pickup

·
Registered
13,694 Posts
Will do, they have me scheduled to come in tomorrow at 10am. I'll be sure to check it out well before pickup
And drive it first! And make it a good test drive not just around the block. Get it up to 80 mph on the test drive and make sure no vibration. Then and only after you are satisfied that the car is perfect do you go sit down and sign anything. Once you sign the papers the car and all its problems if there are any, are yours.

Congratulations.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
This is absolutely unbelievable. I just got a call from the dealer, they are saying my car arrived severely damaged and is going to be sent back to dealer. After 2 months of waiting, and I sold my current vehicle to carvana a week ago. I don't even know what to do at this point. How is this even possible? I told them to give me my $1000 back and now I'm just screwed. Are the 2019 banks even open still? Not that I care to wait another 2 months anyway. This was my first attempt to order a Dodge, and I'm thinking it'll be my last. I ordered my last car from Ford and got it quickly with no issues. This has been a nightmare. I cannot believe I sold my last car, that put me in a terrible position

·
Registered
2,001 Posts
Damaged in transit, either through the railyard or car transport, It does happen unfortunately. Go in tomorrow and look at the car, see what is damaged. Talk to the area representative if possible.

It is possible to find one like yours, just have the dealer do a search with everything you wanted on the car.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Damaged in transit, either through the railyard or car transport, It does happen unfortunately. Go in tomorrow and look at the car, see what is damaged. Talk to the area representative if possible.

They said it's "severely damaged" and needs to go back to the dealer. It's damaged that badly, yet they took custody of it from the railyard? They also spoke with me earlier and said it was in getting window tint. But nobody noticed such severe damage during that entire time? I'm a police sergeant, gonna run the vin when I go back to work on Saturday. Guarantee you I'll find an accident report. I think they went joy riding and wrecked it. The employee that called me said he was initially going to send it to the shop, but thought he was "doing the right thing" by calling me about it. No way am I buying from them anymore. They wanted to get it in the shop and hide it, but it was too much damage.

Are the banks still open?

·
Registered
1,469 Posts
I bet the window tint company had some seat time in it. Why would the dealer send a damaged car to have window tint?Have the dealer find you a car at a very big discount. So you told the window tint company you want your 1k back?This is a very strange situation . The dealer is responsable for the car till it is in your name.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I bet the window tint company had some seat time in it. Why would the dealer send a damaged car to have window tint?Have the dealer find you a car at a very big discount. So you told the window tint company you want your 1k back?This is a very strange situation . The dealer is responsable for the car till it is in your name.
This is Arizona, tint is done at all dealers. I've never seen a new car sold here without tint, you'd fry in 120 degree weather. I don't disagree that the tint guys wrecked it, but on my end it was still at the dealer. I never gave $1000 to a tint company, I gave it to the dealer for a deposit to order the car. Since I'm not getting the car, I need my money back.

Either way, I spoke with a few dealers now and everyone is trying to renegotiate prices with me again, acting like they are doing me a favor by getting me the same $4,850 rebate I've known about for a month now. There is nothing on the lot that I want anywhere around me, hence the order in the first place. And while I'm sure it seems like I should just be making some grand demands to get a car really cheap now, the dealer has not suddenly become more willing to offer me a discount. They said I can order at the same price, or walk. They aren't giving me anything for my time.

But since I don't know when the order banks close but it has to be soon, and now it's become a huge hassle trying to order again, I think I'm going to walk. I had a 2012 Taurus that ran like new, I was the original owner. Now that I sold that I'm going to have to get something. I'll probably have to go find something a little more economical than the challenger and drive that for a few years until I figure out what to do. If I still had my taurus this wouldn't be much of an issue, but now I can't just walk away from buying anything, but I'm done dealing with car dealers around here

·
Registered
1,469 Posts
I thought you had said the wind
This is Arizona, tint is done at all dealers. I've never seen a new car sold here without tint, you'd fry in 120 degree weather. I don't disagree that the tint guys wrecked it, but on my end it was still at the dealer. I never gave $1000 to a tint company, I gave it to the dealer for a deposit to order the car. Since I'm not getting the car, I need my money back.

Either way, I spoke with a few dealers now and everyone is trying to renegotiate prices with me again, acting like they are doing me a favor by getting me the same $4,850 rebate I've known about for a month now. There is nothing on the lot that I want anywhere around me, hence the order in the first place. And while I'm sure it seems like I should just be making some grand demands to get a car really cheap now, the dealer has not suddenly become more willing to offer me a discount. They said I can order at the same price, or walk. They aren't giving me anything for my time.

But since I don't know when the order banks close but it has to be soon, and now it's become a huge hassle trying to order again, I think I'm going to walk. I had a 2012 Taurus that ran like new, I was the original owner. Now that I sold that I'm going to have to get something. I'll probably have to go find something a little more economical than the challenger and drive that for a few years until I figure out what to do. If I still had my taurus this wouldn't be much of an issue, but now I can't just walk away from buying anything, but I'm done dealing with car dealers around here
That is to bad this has happened to you and maybe this was a sign that you need to wait till the 2020 is out with all the new colors .This is a pretty rare occurrence to happen and wish you the best of luck on future car purchases.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
So latest word is they believe the damage is only cosmetic, and they are going to get it into the shop to assess it. Typically I wouldn't even think of purchasing it still, my wife's 2017 Pacifica had damage to the front bumper cover when purchased new. The dealer repaired it, but now a year later the clear coat is already peeling where they painted it. Unfortunately I don't have a lot of options without a car, and they said they'll give me a rental while it's being repaired so that would save my ass. Would anyone else even consider this, or am I just thinking crazy because I'm desperate?

·
Registered
1,469 Posts
So latest word is they believe the damage is only cosmetic, and they are going to get it into the shop to assess it. Typically I wouldn't even think of purchasing it still, my wife's 2017 Pacifica had damage to the front bumper cover when purchased new. The dealer repaired it, but now a year later the clear coat is already peeling where they painted it. Unfortunately I don't have a lot of options without a car, and they said they'll give me a rental while it's being repaired so that would save my ass. Would anyone else even consider this, or am I just thinking crazy because I'm desperate?
My wife's 17 Charger came in perfect but the car detailer ran the from spoiler into a small curb and put a dent in it. The dealer bought a whole new front bumper cover and painted it and it is still perfect. This was the only way I would have taken the car. No paintwork is as good as the original baked on finish. Do not accept any repaint over old paint.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Going in to look at it now, this is what they sent me. They said they are replacing the sensors and bumper covers. Looks like it was rear ended and thrown into another vehicle. I don't know how confident I am that there's no further damage to the frame. At the very least wouldn't the bumpers be pushed in?

·
Registered
1,469 Posts
That is way more damage then I would be comfortable with. There is a lot of parts behind those bumper covers.

·
Registered
46 Posts
If I had to guess, and it's only a guess, I'd say it wasn't strapped down too well somewhere in the shipping chain. That being said, these cars are tanks and I'd be really surprised if there was structural damage. Hopefully there is none and its cosmetic. These things can be a pain to get if you order them, I have first hand experience with that! Took just under 3 months for me to get it!

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
If I had to guess, and it's only a guess, I'd say it wasn't strapped down too well somewhere in the shipping chain. That being said, these cars are tanks and I'd be really surprised if there was structural damage. Hopefully there is none and its cosmetic. These things can be a pain to get if you order them, I have first hand experience with that! Took just under 3 months for me to get it!
Oh I know, it's been over 2 months for me, and initially they called to tell me it was in so they got me excited! They say they inspected it and it's cosmetic, but how do I know that? I'm worried they would just say that to sell it and I'd never know what's under the new cover. They are knocking $1000 more off and giving me a rental though, so I'm torn. Heading in to look in person and I'll just have to figure it out

1 - 20 of 40 Posts