Dodge Challenger Forum banner

21 - 40 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
I'd want to be there after they take the fascia's off and inspect the rails, rear body panel and bumper bars myself before I'd even consider going forward with the deal. Hopefully, it's just fascias and energy absorbers that need attention. Good luck! Oh, and I ended up picking mine up at the shipping yard myself! It sat there for 2 months!

·
Registered
1,469 Posts
Lets ask this question what happens to the car if you do not take it? They have to or should say it was in a accident and they will have to really discount a one year old wrecked car. Or run it thru the auction. I really think they should give you every discount they can to you Emplyee pricing +rebate and all of holdback.If not walk and tell them good luck trying to get rid of a wrecked car

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
Lets ask this question what happens to the car if you do not take it? They have to or should say it was in a accident and they will have to really discount a one year old wrecked car. Or run it thru the auction. I really think they should give you every discount they can to you Emplyee pricing +rebate and all of holdback.If not walk and tell them good luck trying to get rid of a wrecked car
They said they are sending it back to the dealer. They want to know today if I am ok with them fixing it because otherwise they are starting the process to return it. Since they are going to just get their money back they don't seem to care about discounting it further

·
Registered
1,469 Posts
They said they are sending it back to the dealer. They want to know today if I am ok with them fixing it because otherwise they are starting the process to return it. Since they are going to just get their money back they don't seem to care about discounting it further
Who is they. Are you not buying it from a dealer. Or do you mean the manufacturer(Dodge}Personally I would walk from that kind of damage and if they are not comfortable with you seeing what lies underneath those bumper covers and pushing you to buy today run do not walk away.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
Who is they. Are you not buying it from a dealer. Or do you mean the manufacturer(Dodge}Personally I would walk from that kind of damage and if they are not comfortable with you seeing what lies underneath those bumper covers and pushing you to buy today run do not walk away.
Sorry, they is the dealer and I meant to say sending it back to *Dodge. I'll see if I can look under the covers when I head in

·
Registered
1,469 Posts
Sorry, they is the dealer and I meant to say sending it back to *Dodge. I'll see if I can look under the covers when I head in
Those covers need to come off to see the damage not just peeking inside. A body man should be able to take those off in about 15 minutes for each end of the car.The only thing that I did get when my wife's car had the front Bumper cover replaced was the paint did match better then the factory paint.These covers are not painted with the car on the assembly line so they rarlly match perfect unless it is a solid color no metal flake.

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
I know it sucks, but I would pass on that car. You are basically buying a brand-new wrecked car. Why pay brand-new prices for an already-wrecked car? Yes, it sucks, but I would pass and just re-order - or find another similar "on the lot" car somewhere with the options you want (or at least most of them). Who knows what else is damaged that you can't see. Just not worth it - way too much $$$ involved...

·
Registered
78 Posts
What a Nightmare! So sorry this happened! I would not buy it if anything has to be re-painted! The paint will never hold up and weather like the baked on paint from the factory. This is the last thing I wanted to read with my 2019 Scat Pack at the rail-yard in Indiana, on it's way to me in Dallas! I'm sick about yours and worried about mine!!!!
Todd

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
I passed on it. The rear bumper cover was completely torn off at the top. I was rear ended pretty hard in my taurus shortly after buying it, and all it did was scuff the plastic portion around the plate. The force needed to mess it up that bad would have to be a lot, and they never even pulled the covers off at the dealer! Somehow they determined it was cosmetic only without even looking under the covers. I don't trust that at all.

I did end up reordering though. I need a car and this is still my dream car. Other dealers still wanted to play around with pricing so it wasn't worth it to go somewhere else. If it happens again I'm going to lose my mind!

Attachments

·
Registered
78 Posts
That's a real gut-punch! Good decision though... Did you try to get a loaner from them until the next one arrives? Or a HUGE Discount on the next one?
Todd

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
That's a real gut-punch! Good decision though... Did you try to get a loaner from them until the next one arrives? Or a HUGE Discount on the next one?
Todd
The most I could get them to give me was another $500. It's over $10,000 under MSRP, so they weren't too interested in budging more and I don't have the time to argue. Just needed to get it back in again.

Sounds like they are keeping the car now though a d fixing it up. They claim they won't try to hide that this happened from any new buyers but they will. I liked that mine was unique in this area, but now there'll be 2. That kinda pisses me off

·
Registered
2015 SRT, 6 Speed, Sublime Green
1,347 Posts
That’s a tough spot since you have no car currently. To me it would depend on the level of damage and the reputation of the body shop. If that wasn’t so good I’d pass. Good luck with whatever happens. I feel for you.

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
As much as the extra wait sucks, I think you did the right thing. Just make sure that they don't try to give you the same car 4 months from now when you go back to pick up the new one! :)

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #34
As much as the extra wait sucks, I think you did the right thing. Just make sure that they don't try to give you the same car 4 months from now when you go back to pick up the new one! :)
Ha, good call. I have the VIN for that one, and I'm sure in a couple weeks I'll have the new one, so I should be good! Yeah I know it was the "right" decision, but it certainly wasn't the enjoyable decision

·
Registered
1,469 Posts
Ha, good call. I have the VIN for that one, and I'm sure in a couple weeks I'll have the new one, so I should be good! Yeah I know it was the "right" decision, but it certainly wasn't the enjoyable decision
Yes good decision on walking from that car. Really surprised they are still taking orders and you might have a positive in that it will be the last one built for 2019 and worth double because of that. Great looking car and did you change anything order wise on options.They told you they were sending it back to Dodge and now they are keeping it. Shaky dealer by all means.

·
Registered
19 scat pack triple nickel
92 Posts
Hang in there, I wish they were taking care of you with a challenger loaner or something since you sold you car. What they should do is let you drive your damaged car after fixed, since no ones going is to buy it anyway. It will be at carmax sooner than later.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #37
Hang in there, I wish they were taking care of you with a challenger loaner or something since you sold you car. What they should do is let you drive your damaged car after fixed, since no ones going is to buy it anyway. It will be at carmax sooner than later.
Nah, they already have it listed on their site as "coming soon." They are absolutely going to sell it as new to someone

Shady as hell

·
Registered
9,094 Posts
There's used cars out there in better condition, with no repairs.

I wouldn't buy this, period.

·
Registered
2018 Dodge Challenger T/A Plus in Yellow Jacket w/5.7L and A8 automatic
364 Posts
Had it been EITHER front damage -OR- rear damage, I’d consider taking it, IF properly repaired. With yours having been damaged in two areas, you did the correct thing by passing on it.

I’ll bet you could get a new order escalated to the FRONT of the line, if your dealer can flip the correct switches and push the right buttons at FCA.

·
Registered
46 Posts
That's just wrong if they're going to sell it as new. I'm not sure of the laws in your state, but where I'm at, in Illinois, if there's over $500 damage to a new, undelivered vehicle, it must be disclosed.

21 - 40 of 40 Posts