Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
485 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I applied the Tredwear RWL kit to my tires this winter. Overall, I am very pleased with the look, and quuality of the kit. Word of caution, be sure to use carb cleaner or strong degreaser of your choice to the tires and letters. I used Simple Green on one tire, and the glue did not bond well, so I ended up removing the letters, degreasing, and reapplying.

Here are some pics, I love the look.

General info, my car has Mopar Stage 1 springs, 245/45/20 in the front 255/45/20 in the rear.

Attachments

·
Registered
246 Posts
As soon as my wheels get in, I'm doing it. What exactly did you use to clean them the second time?

·
Registered
485 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
As soon as my wheels get in, I'm doing it. What exactly did you use to clean them the second time?
Carb cleaner on the second go around. Tredwear reccomends this, but I thought Simple Green would do the trick......wrong.

Use the carb cleaner and the surface will be prepped sufficiently, and don't forget to do the letters as well. I used some clear paking tape to lay the letters down on the tire. It prevented me from getting glue on the white side of the letters.

·
Registered
159 Posts
Carb cleaner on the second go around. Tredwear reccomends this, but I thought Simple Green would do the trick......wrong.

Use the carb cleaner and the surface will be prepped sufficiently, and don't forget to do the letters as well. I used some clear paking tape to lay the letters down on the tire. It prevented me from getting glue on the white side of the letters.
I used brake cleaner

DSC00719.jpg

1 - 9 of 9 Posts