Dodge Challenger Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Is it just me or is there something unnatural about this burnout? seems like an excessive amount of smoke, was there something put on the ground there or on the tires?

Sorry if its a stupid question! Love it though!

·
Premium Member
2,647 Posts
Now THATS a burnout.......:)

·
Registered
267 Posts
Is it just me or is there something unnatural about this burnout? seems like an excessive amount of smoke, was there something put on the ground there or on the tires?
I was there and did not see anything being put on the ground....except about $400.00 in rubber.

It was a GREAT burnout!

·
Registered
6,352 Posts

That's the kind of burnout 707 Horsepower gives you..... :)

·
Premium Member
138 Posts
I.... Want.....One.

·
Premium Member
708 Posts
hey Toxic11 - How long can you stand to burn your 275/40ZR20's hehehe - I may smell the smoke up here in New Hampshire.

... and we started to lose faith in Ralph... *ashamed of myself*

·
Registered
1,002 Posts
OMG im so getting one........

·
Registered
210 Posts
They should offer a line lock on the Hellcat like ford is doing on the 2015 mustang.
I'm guessing they've finalized the car's firmware already but I agree. It's just a software upgrade since line lock just uses the existing ABS hardware. Hopefully they'll add it for the next model year.

·
Registered
6,352 Posts
hey Toxic11 - How long can you stand to burn your 275/40ZR20's hehehe - I may smell the smoke up here in New Hampshire.

... and we started to lose faith in Ralph... *ashamed of myself*

I just have to wonder... If I only get 7K miles of out tires on the 392... Buying the Hellcat may be the LEAST
of my worries :D

·
Premium Member
1,748 Posts

Nope straight up burnout....
But keep in mind that is were they always have burnout contests Mopar, Ford, Chevy, Import, Truck.
So there is a sh!tload of rubber already on the blacktop from all the different events each year.
That may or may not have added to the amount of smoke... some tire... some rubber already on the ground.

I can tell you it still had enough rubber left to drive back home as he left right after that burnout.
Had the wife shoot these pic of the car on the PA Turnpike about 15-20min after that burnout.

Attachments

Reactions: Rush-2112

·
Registered
2,102 Posts
This car is a beast, plain and simple, etch that shit in stone. This car will run 10.50s on DRs, you just wait. I thought I was blown away when the Shelby made 662, but this car, I was on life support, christ, what a ****ing animal. 3 years, I will have one.

·
Registered
6,352 Posts
I think Discount Tire Direct needs to step up to the plate and offer a "Frequent Fryer"
Card to all Hellcat owners :p

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.