Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of December's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 92 Posts

·
Registered
332 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ralph we the people at least most of us who buy your product want to no will you step up to the plate! With the new Z-L1 and the current GT 500 and new 2013 gt 500 spanking the cam out of us will you respond ! And we are tired of waiting to tune the new 392 (which in my oppinion was a big let down with only 470-470 Not enough for today ) you are losing customers left and right not being able to tune a $45,000.00 car is just plain horse •••• !

·
Registered
1,981 Posts
1st you're not going to get a tune from anyone other then MOPAR when they are ready (at the cost of your warranty) - should have bought a pre 2010
2) Challenger is actually selling better then it ever has
3) You need to come to the conclusion that some cars are faster then yours but look butt ugly.

·
Premium Member
8,295 Posts
Ralph knows the issues very well, they are working on a solution to the tuning, and the Mopar version won't be the only option....
Interview with Ralph
Ralph, Let's Talk-Modern Mopar Magazine

I am sure you will see more power in the future as well.

Remember Ralph is probably more connected to the fan base of these cars than any CEO in the industry

·
Registered
9,272 Posts

well I understand some buyers want more from Dodge but there comes a time when you gotta realize someones gonna be last.
Ralph says we are working on it...whats to work on?...they can't figure out how to let someone else tune the car they built?
Either they are incompetent or liars if they have not got that worked out yet.
Heck they had five years and still can't get a permanent fix to cracked rocker panels LOL
With all that said can't we be happy with the best looking slowest car on the field

·
Registered
1,844 Posts
Ray orders Gozer - YouTube

well I understand some buyers want more from Dodge but there comes a time when you gotta realize someones gonna be last.
Ralph says we are working on it...whats to work on?...they can't figure out how to let someone else tune the car they built?
Either they are incompetent or liars if they have not got that worked out yet.
Heck they had five years and still can't get a permanent fix to cracked rocker panels LOL
With all that said can't we be happy with the best looking slowest car on the field
LOL. Calling out Ralph will do nothing. They will announce their plans when they are allowed/ready to. Until then, get excited for new colors for 2013!

·
Banned
5,785 Posts
What the last two guys said. Ralphie could have said "stay Tuned" and unveiled the tuning solution two minutes later. They put the damn PCM together, they can release the tuning yesterday, but they are draggin feet for whatever reason and may NEVER release the tune. Im not so concerned, as I wont be doing anything drastic until the warranty is up, but we should have the option to forego the warranty and do what we want with OUR cars.

·
Premium Member
8,295 Posts
Remember Chrysler does not "need" to do anything, The oem manufactuers job is not to produce an aftermarket tuning option for us, what other manufacturer offers an aftermarket tuning option in house....rhetorical question.
The aftermarket is always who does these things and will do so here again, but in addition Mopar is working one a solution, in response to the community voicing our need, I think that is actually a good thing.

·
Registered
232 Posts
The Challenger is the easiest to live with compared to the competition... I daily drive mine so I'm not going to complain about being a few tenths of a second slower to a stoplight...

·
Registered
3,380 Posts
since the Challenger is over priced already what good does it do to have a 600 hp version that will cost as much as a Viper? why not just get a Viper

they could compete performance wise with a ZL1, but who would buy it for $15-20k more?

i doubt many people skip the Challenger because of the tune...ill bet its less than 1% if any....someone will come up with one eventually

a 392 beats the SS and ties the basic GT 5.0.....were doing just fine (except for price)

·
Registered
3,733 Posts
If you are expecting to have a high horespower Challenger to come out and compete with the ZL1 and GT500, it will never happen. The GT500 is Fords "Viper" or "Corvette". Dodge has the Viper and thats it. There will be a stonger engine option in the future for the Challenger or whatever takes its place but its not gonna be in the 600 HP range.

Then throw in the not so mod friendly part of Dodge (even the tunable ones) and it becomes a pain in the ass for the guy who likes to mod stuff. I think the Challenger is the best looking out there and most comfortable, has good power but it will never be in the GT500 or ZL1 range. It is doing damn good for what it is now so dont expect a huge HP and TQ increase in the future. Its not really the ZL1 or GT500's competition and never was meant to be but it has been thrown in the mix with them because its the closest Dodge has to a "pony" car.

I like mod friendly so in the future dont hate me for it..........................:)

·
Registered
1,531 Posts
I am just as annoyed as anyone that I cannot tune my $50k+ muscle car, but singling out Ralph is nonsense. He happens to be, in my estimation, the best car executive in America, and is a guy who owns, drives and loves the cars he is responsible for building.

·
Registered
703 Posts
Let me break down the difference between the two crowds here:

Crowd 1 likes that the Challenger has decent power, good sound, looks like the old cars, is quite comfortable and has a trim level in their price range. Crowd 1 is satisfied with this, and is largely uninterested in other cars. They like what they've got and they're thankful for what little is available on the customization market. These people will often declare that the other cars are either too small or too ugly for their tastes, and their abilities and pricing are dismissed accordingly. They are baffled when they see others come onto a Challenger board and praise other cars, insult their own and crucify the company that brought this wonderful vehicle to us in the first place. Common rebuttals to all arguments include, "go trade your car in then," and, "no one made you buy a Challenger."

Crowd 2 likes the idea of muscle car wars, and wants to piss in the face of Camaro and Mustang owners everywhere. They are livid that the Challenger is such a weak sauce competitor and can't live up to the prestige of the old mopars. Having far less performance to offer, or only being equal to the cars they are lining up against by going horrendously overboard on the price, is tantamount to Hitler punching their mothers in the face. Crowd 2 wants prestige and respect for the Challenger, both on and off the track, but realizes now that Chrysler can't deliver. The fact that Chrysler now actively prevents these people from modding their cars to equal these rivals is the steel I-beam that breaks the camels back. These people are baffled when they see others constantly excusing the weak motors and/or high prices, and believe that, "enjoy the car for what it is," and, "someone else is always faster," is the clarion call of the feeble. Common rebuttals to all arguments include, "stop being a fanboy apologist," and, "I thought this was a muscle car."

·
Registered
4,565 Posts
Ralph we the people at least most of us who buy your product want to no will you step up to the plate! With the new Z-L1 and the current GT 500 and new 2013 gt 500 spanking the cam out of us will you respond ! And we are tired of waiting to tune the new 392 (which in my oppinion was a big let down with only 470-470 Not enough for today ) you are losing customers left and right not being able to tune a $45,000.00 car is just plain horse •••• !
This will get him moving. :lookaround:

·
Registered
1,413 Posts
Ralph knows the issues very well, they are working on a solution to the tuning, and the Mopar version won't be the only option....
Interview with Ralph
Ralph, Let's Talk-Modern Mopar Magazine

I am sure you will see more power in the future as well.

Remember Ralph is probably more connected to the fan base of these cars than any CEO in the industry
Just alot of hype by Modern Mopar Magazine and hot air from Gilles. Maybe he should run for President of the USA. He'd be perfect, statement wise.

I do not doubt for a minute he is connected to the fan base, however, enthusiasts have to understand that a company's official hands are tied to what he can say. Thus, the reason behind my initial comment.

While others are reveling their new products, Dodge is tight lipped. Why? Because what is going to come is an almost last minute decision for 2013. Will it be supercharged or cubic-inches that wins out? Just a hint? Or, could we be disappointed as far as horsepower is concerned? Questions, but no answers. I will say this much. The 392 is not the final answer.

·
Premium Member
802 Posts
What the last two guys said. Ralphie could have said "stay Tuned" and unveiled the tuning solution two minutes later. They put the damn PCM together, they can release the tuning yesterday, but they are draggin feet for whatever reason and may NEVER release the tune. Im not so concerned, as I wont be doing anything drastic until the warranty is up, but we should have the option to forego the warranty and do what we want with OUR cars.
They are dragging their feet because they don't want aftermarket companies in the ECM until their supercharged cars are out. That not speculation, it is FACT. why make tuning available in any way shape or form if you are chrysler??? They want you to either trade in your 392 for a supercharged car from the dealer or to buy their insane overpriced upgrade kit. It is a FACT. It is a business proposition for them and nothing else. It is a big fat "GO F YOURSELF" to anyone that bought a 392 based on the hype alone.

·
Banned
863 Posts
since the Challenger is over priced already what good does it do to have a 600 hp version that will cost as much as a Viper? why not just get a Viper

they could compete performance wise with a ZL1, but who would buy it for $15-20k more?

i doubt many people skip the Challenger because of the tune...ill bet its less than 1% if any....someone will come up with one eventually

a 392 beats the SS and ties the basic GT 5.0.....were doing just fine (except for price)

1. A 600hp Challenger will not cost close to a viper at all. I will bet you a $1000 right now. Stop telling fibs, this forum has too many of you that talk like you know it all.
2. I don't want a viper, or any sports car - I want a big muscle car with lots of power like my 68 Charger years ago.

I don't freaking get why so many are hell bent on comparing this car to others when there is nothing in its class. If a Buick GN was made today, I can understand...but really,,,why not just get a viper?:pillepalle:

·
Registered
7,268 Posts
"Stay Tuned" :)
Be sure that whenever Ralph & his team have anything ready they will let you know :bigthumb:

·
Premium Member
862 Posts
Imagine if this were 1992, would anyone be bitching about a 470 hp, Mid 12's Challenger?
We are doing just fine! I remember being excited about the freakin' GLHS. We have come a very very long way!

1 - 20 of 92 Posts