Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a '19 R/T with the single hood scoop in the middle. I noticed that it is an actual scoop, although it does not go to anything/dumps onto the intake manifold. Has anyone found a way to get air from that scoop directed to the airbox? I saw Cervini's has a Hellcat style system, but could not find one specifically for the R/T model I have. Thanks!

·
Registered
448 Posts
I would also love to do this. Listening in if anyone has figured it out.

·
Registered
230 Posts
You should be able to buy the equipment from the dealership
I know that the single scoop can be used to direct air into the air box
SRT and TA models already have set up
Post a picture of your hood and then a picture of under your hood to see what you have going on

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
You should be able to buy the equipment from the dealership
I know that the single scoop can be used to direct air into the air box
SRT and TA models already have set up
Post a picture of your hood and then a picture of under your hood to see what you have going on

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatal
It’s just the single scoop dead center. Airbox is directly behind driver side headlight.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2016 SRT
649 Posts
SRT does not have the setup to air box. The T/A however does you can buy the kit but it is pricey

Mopar or No Car

·
Registered
230 Posts
It’s just the single scoop dead center. Airbox is directly behind driver side headlight.

Under your hood should look like this if you have a functioning scoop
It should be a CAI
Plus the bezels that connect the hood to airbox

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Here I was all excited I thought I’d found it before anyone else, ha! Many thanks! I will say, I wish I could just buy the upper duct tube and not the entire kit. $600+ is way more that I wanted to spend. I was planning on doing the Hellcat airbox conversion for the headlight intake from Speedlogix and it was only $88 shipped and I’d figure a different option for the top.

·
Registered
2015 Dodge Challenger SRT
745 Posts
I ordered this kit from Luke last summer and am very pleased with the results. It does a very nice job of directing the air to the airbag while still sealing it off from the engine compartment.

Dang .... I wish I knew how to rotate the thumbnail. (Thanks @A Guy for flipping the thumbnail.)

Attachments

·
Registered
583 Posts
Personally I think the scoop is better off cooling the manifold and moving air through the engine bay. Time and money better invested would be an LMI , air raid(fabbed) true fender pull or the hellcat air box mod. Imo your spinning your wheels trying to pull air from the hood. The purpose of a cai is to get fresh air from a dig. Pulling air from above a hot engine bay or sun radiated hood really won’t do a thing. Take that for what it is ......

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Personally I think the scoop is better off cooling the manifold and moving air through the engine bay. Time and money better invested would be an LMI , air raid(fabbed) true fender pull or the hellcat air box mod. Imo your spinning your wheels trying to pull air from the hood. The purpose of a cai is to get fresh air from a dig. Pulling air from above a hot engine bay or sun radiated hood really won’t do a thing. Take that for what it is ......

I like this explanation. I’m a huge fan of the Hellcat swap. Much cheaper. And let’s be honest...cooler looking to have a “fake headlight”. I took the engine cover off so the manifold would get air straight on it from the scoop. I just thought the scoop route would be much less in cost than it is. I definitely love the headlight intake more though.

·
Registered
301 Posts
Does that work on the Scat Pack hood with the two side vents or only on the single center scoop T/A hood? It looks like my widebody SP has placement accommodations for the T/A scoop CAI but I haven't seen any examples. I know it may not work any better than the hellcat lower box mod, but it sure looks cool.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I ordered this kit from Luke last summer and am very pleased with the results. It does a very nice job of directing the air to the airbag while still sealing it off from the engine compartment.

Dang .... I wish I knew how to rotate the thumbnail.
Looks good!:grin2:

·
Vendor
12,923 Posts
Does that work on the Scat Pack hood with the two side vents or only on the single center scoop T/A hood? It looks like my widebody SP has placement accommodations for the T/A scoop CAI but I haven't seen any examples. I know it may not work any better than the hellcat lower box mod, but it sure looks cool.
does not work on standard hood
Luke

·
Premium Member
700 Posts

No, but Cervini's has a kit for the standard dual scoop hood for about $350. However, I too feel that the scoops and belly pan aid in moving hot air out of the engine compartment and are more beneficial doing that then they would be feeding a direct intake system. Our stock intake systems are more than adequate at providing cold air to our engines. I installed an AEM high flow dry drop in filter in my R/T Classic and think it's the best path for overall performance.

·
Registered
2015 Challenger R/T Plus 8 Speed
7,607 Posts
does not work on standard hood
Luke
No, but Cervini's has a kit for the standard dual scoop hood for about $350. However, I too feel that the scoops and belly pan aid in moving hot air out of the engine compartment and are more beneficial doing that then they would be feeding a direct intake system. Our stock intake systems are more than adequate at providing cold air to our engines. I installed an AEM high flow dry drop in filter in my R/T Classic and think it's the best path for overall performance.
He has the old style Hell Cat hood that now comes on the Scat Packs. That is the hood he is asking about.

I do not think the T/A package will work with the old style Hellcat hood. Sorry.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts