Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,398 Posts
There are none.

To actually achieve a "ram air" affect there would have to be a large cowl.

There are however a couple of options to bring additional sources of air to the intake.

Cervini makes a "ram air" kit but it just uses the hood vents as an extra inlet. Its been shown to help out on supercharged set ups but not much on a stock vehicle.

You can increase the opening to the lower air duct by doing the "baffle mod" where you remove the lower radiator baffle that directs air to the radiator.

Another way would be to install the 392 chin spoiler (if you do not have the 392). It adds an additional air inlet.

There is not much power to be gained over the stock setup but some intakes do achieve faster heat soak recovery and increased MPG.

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Ended up going with my first pick,,Mopar T/A hood,,Hood venting sys. and a Mopar CAI,,Man that was not cheep LOL,,,Looked at all the other systems out there and it seem to be the way to go,,Hate fiberglass ,,,(have built to many dune buggy's)Know I wont get any HP out of it,,But man it well look fast,,,:grinbiginvert:

·
Banned
946 Posts
Ended up going with my first pick,,Mopar T/A hood,,Hood venting sys. and a Mopar CAI,,Man that was not cheep LOL,,,Looked at all the other systems out there and it seem to be the way to go,,Hate fiberglass ,,,(have built to many dune buggy's)Know I wont get any HP out of it,,But man it well look fast,,,:grinbiginvert:
I went with the same hood (un-installed right now), I wouldn't say any HP, just might not be noticeable HP. It will certainly help allow cooler air into the intake and that's a big help.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts