Dodge Challenger Forum banner
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
441 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here was an article from Allpar.
Another article confirms the RAMs head logo is not part of the 2011 models.

"the first S2 pilots of the 2011 Chrysler Town & Country and Dodge Caravan have been produced, featuring restyled hoods, front and rear fascias, grilles,tail lights, moldings, roof-racks, badging, and interiors. The Dodge will now get the Chrysler headlights, and the Town & Country’s wheels have been upgraded; the ram’s-head logo is reportedly gone from the hood of the Dodge. "

·
Registered
220 Posts
The end of the Ram is good news. Hopefully they will dispense with any emblem on the front of the 2011 Challenger and just spell out DODGE so I dont have the spend the money to do it myself. Unfortunately, that will probably not happen as it would prevent application of the SRT hood stripes.

·
Registered
775 Posts
I like the rams head it looks angry ;)

·
Registered
258 Posts
Thank goodness. The world can take a deep breath now that the dreaded "Ram's Head" is gone.

·
Registered
757 Posts
I think it looks good. If I wanted my car to look exactly like the 1970 challenger I would have bought one of those instead.

·
Registered
244 Posts
I can see it now: Challengertalk 2026: "hey man, I just got the new 2027 Challenger SRT10 and want to replace the logo with the old classic one, you know, the Rams head. where can I get one?". ...lol

·
Registered
441 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I've noticed the latest RAM truck ads also don't say "Dodge Ram", JUST "Ram"; as if it is it's own brand. Stood out to me.
It has been it's own brand for several months now.

·
Registered
1,572 Posts
http://www.autonews.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20100524/RETAIL03/305249962/1251

Says Gilles: "It signifies our sporty character. Most SRTs are Dodges."

The red slashes will appear on advertising materials, owner's manuals and merchandise such as hats and T-shirts.

On vehicles, the Dodge name will stand by itself in a new script that will appear prominently but without the red slashes, Gilles says.

The first vehicles to get the new treatment will be the 2011 Dodge Charger and a seven-seat Dodge crossover that will replace the departed Dodge Durango. Both vehicles will debut in the fourth quarter.

The famous ram's horns will disappear from other Dodge vehicles gradually in the replacement cycle.

·
Premium Member
227 Posts
To be honest, the ram head has never bothered me.

·
Premium Member
1,473 Posts
It's a part of Challenger history like it or not. It does not bother me a bit but I like originality. It's personal preference. I have the hash mark stripes. I was not crazy about them at first but I would never remove them now. They are a part of Challenger history as well.

·
Registered
9,272 Posts
Thank goodness. The world can take a deep breath now that the dreaded "Ram's Head" is gone.
This is a car enthusiast site friend.
Plenty of other forums out there to discuss all that is wrong with the world and how insignificant our discussions of Rams Heads are in comparison.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts