Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1,905 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I saw a while back a hood emblem replacement for the Ram. Some looked pretty nice. Now that I have a real order in place and we have a proper forum to discuss this, can someone send me a link to the website for these?

thanks

·
Premium Member
5,655 Posts
I made a few custom ones..Here are the pics.

I can do almost any design, this is just the few i have made thus far.

·
Registered
238 Posts
425, Like I said in your other thread.. You should try to make these official for ChallengerTalk. I'd buy the internal decal, as well as one of these, if you can make one with R/T in the middle of it, with a bright blue trim, on carbon fiber.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Do you have permission from Chrysler to use their trademarked logo's?
There have been people on other forums who have gotten into a lot of hot water with the manufacturers by using their logo's without permission on things as simple as decals. They actually had to pull their product off the market and either pay royalties or in teh case I'm thinking of, they removed the logo from the product. Hopefully that doesn't happen, but don't be surprised if it does.

·
Registered
1,905 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Not that those are bad or anything, I am not sure how I feel about the carbon fiber look to them. There was some other website someone had posted a while back that already had some cool designs. That is what I had in mind and I can't seem to find the post as the search function is pretty limited...

·
Registered
1,905 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Billet Technology is a sponsor on some of our other sites. I'll see if I can get them over here.
Yea come to thing about it, I think I may have learned about them from the sister Charger forum site...

·
Premium Member
5,655 Posts
425, Like I said in your other thread.. You should try to make these official for ChallengerTalk. I'd buy the internal decal, as well as one of these, if you can make one with R/T in the middle of it, with a bright blue trim, on carbon fiber.
I could make one to represent challengertalk.com, i would have to get their permission first of course.

·
Premium Member
5,655 Posts
Not that those are bad or anything, I am not sure how I feel about the carbon fiber look to them. There was some other website someone had posted a while back that already had some cool designs. That is what I had in mind and I can't seem to find the post as the search function is pretty limited...
yea i can do away with the carbon, i just did that because it went good with my black car. Other colors are no problem

·
Premium Member
5,655 Posts
Billet Technology is a sponsor on some of our other sites. I'll see if I can get them over here.
yea do that, they have some pretty nice stuff and usually offer great group buys

·
Premium Member
5,655 Posts
Do you have permission from Chrysler to use their trademarked logo's?
There have been people on other forums who have gotten into a lot of hot water with the manufacturers by using their logo's without permission on things as simple as decals. They actually had to pull their product off the market and either pay royalties or in teh case I'm thinking of, they removed the logo from the product. Hopefully that doesn't happen, but don't be surprised if it does.
Im not concerned about getting permission from chrysler. I have no harm here as im not selling them. So there really isnt much they can say to me. Anyway, who is to say i didnt buy a ram head sticker and put it on a piece of carbon fiber? lol

·
Registered
28 Posts
As long as you're not selling them, it should be OK, but you never know when legal gets involved.

I know a guy who was making some really nice machined caps for things like the power steering reservoir, etc. for Corvettes with the Corvette crossed flags logo on them. GM threatened legal action and he would either have to pay a licensing fee or remove the emblem. He didn't have the money to pay the licensing, so he had to take the logo off.

·
Premium Member
5,655 Posts
As long as you're not selling them, it should be OK, but you never know when legal gets involved.

I know a guy who was making some really nice machined caps for things like the power steering reservoir, etc. for Corvettes with the Corvette crossed flags logo on them. GM threatened legal action and he would either have to pay a licensing fee or remove the emblem. He didn't have the money to pay the licensing, so he had to take the logo off.
Yea i could definately see that being an issue. A buddy of mine got a warning from numerous companies, such as caterpillar, peterbilt, ford, chevy, fox racing, etc lol. He was selling some stuff on ebay they deemed copyright infringement.

·
Registered
1,905 Posts
Discussion Starter #17

·
Premium Member
1,738 Posts
Yea i could definately see that being an issue. A buddy of mine got a warning from numerous companies, such as caterpillar, peterbilt, ford, chevy, fox racing, etc lol. He was selling some stuff on ebay they deemed copyright infringement.
Any ideas then on how we can get one? You can't do them for nothing, and I was really counting on this being the answer to getting rid of the ram's head. :eek:rangehat:I don't like the others I've seen.:disappointed: I wonder if there's someone at Dodge that could be asked?:ugh2:Rams head has got to go !!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts