Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
2015 Dodge Challenger R/T Scat Pack
1,189 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Made a few passes today at Milan Dragway. It was a little warmer today. Met up with a few other Mopar guys, wife and kids came with me, it was a nice time!

Pass 1 - 11.63 at 115.85mph w/ 1.64 60ft DA +1150ft
Pass 2 - 11.69 at 115.89mph w/ 1.69 60ft DA +1600ft (spun a little off the line)
Pass 3 - 11.81 at 115.51mph w/ 1.73 60ft DA +1750ft (spun badly off the line, burnout wasn't good enough)

Made a few changes from a few weeks ago, the car seemed to pick up a little when adjusting for DA. Hoping for 11.45-11.49 later this fall if I can get a nice cold day. We'll see.

^11.63 pass from stands

^ 11.63 GoPro

Attachments

·
Registered
724 Posts
Way to go and every .001 faster is a personal best. Our local 1/8 track is closing up 1/31/18 and that leaves our local 1/4 track left and that track is 13 ft up hill so it looks like it is that or nothing. The 1/4 mile track itself is 1275 ft altitude + DA as our 1/8 mile track was 380 ft + DA.

·
Registered
1,189 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks!

I corrected my 11.55 pass to sea level and it came to 11.52.

I corrected my 11.63 pass to sea level that I ran yesterday and it came to 11.48.

So it seems like the car did pick up slightly. Hard to say if it was anything I did or just a lucky tailwind though with that small of a change. But typically the car would run 11.70's in that kind of air. It ran two 11.6 passes though yesterday. So I think I'm moving in the right direction.

11.55 is my best so far, but I think if I can get some cooler air I may get into the high 11.40's with my current mods. Beyond that will take more $$$ to go much faster. But if I can hit 11.40's with just wheels, tune, and just a handful of basic bolt ons, I'd be really impressed with that!

·
Registered
724 Posts
Going faster might take a DDS drive shaft and half shafts but it is only money lol. By the way thanks for the vidos.

·
Registered
9,674 Posts
Nice job again. You prove that you know your car, and are squeaking every .1 that you can get out of that NA beast! Great driving.

Congrats

·
Registered
1,189 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Going faster might take a DDS drive shaft and half shafts but it is only money lol. By the way thanks for the vidos.
Haha yeah, my grandpa used to say that joking around with my grandma...c'mon Anne I need that new table saw...it's only money! Haha!

I've looked into those driveshafts, I don't get it. What do you gain with those? Looks like they're 10-15lbs lighter if that and you're spending $800-900 for one. The carbon fiber ones are $1300 or something crazy like that. I can see the wheels and tires as that shaves off 80lbs, but I just don't see what the deal is on those driveshafts. I can't see that even dropping a tenth for all that money. But I guess if you're going all out that's just one more thing you need to do.

Thanks! I enjoy making all those videos. I know most people don't really care, I'm just some random dude on a forum, but I like to refer back to them from time to time and I have a few buddies that always follow me and what I'm doing. I'm glad to see a few other people enjoy watching them as well!

·
Registered
1,189 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Nice job again. You prove that you know your car, and are squeaking every .1 that you can get out of that NA beast! Great driving.

Congrats
Thanks! It's definitely running really well. Hoping to get some cold air to grab that 11.4X timeslip before the year is over, but 11.5 was my goal and I already hit that, so I'm pretty happy already. Going much further than 11.4 is going to cost quite a bit, not sure if I'm up for that or not. We're planning on moving in a couple years and should probably focus more on saving up for that than eeking out tenths at the dragstrip. But it sure is fun! Haha!

I might do some minor stuff next year. Maybe catless mid pipes, wideband, trans tuning, etc. None of that stuff is overly expensive and it may get the car into the 11.30's on a good day. But we'll see.

It's definitely been a fun year! Made a lot of passes and learned a lot about the car.

·
Registered
2015 Challenger SRT
776 Posts
Sweet!!!......

·
Registered
Dodge Challenger RT
1,066 Posts
Very nice man. Look at the difference in your 60 ft and see how your ET drops by twice the difference. That was always a rule of thumb but yours is exact.

·
Registered
1,189 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Yeah that 60ft is key. It hooked up good on that first pass. On the second pass it spun just a little off the line but still went pretty good. The third pass I FUBAR'd the burnout I think and it just didn't hook up at all. Spun pretty bad off the line on that one. Even so I still ran 11.8. Good day when your bad pass is 11.8 haha!

This week it's dropping into the high 40's to low 50's, nice cold air, hoping I can hit up the track again this week and grab another 11.5 pass and potentially a high 11.4 pass. All depends on traction off the line. Hopefully the track prep will be good.

·
Registered
2016 Jazz Blue A8 Scat
938 Posts
Nice job!

·
Registered
354 Posts
Nice runs Carl

I got work off for this coming sunday. But I see no sportsman class it must be over with.

Do you think the prep will still be decent?

Weather supposed to be in the 40s.

I hope it is good...if I can hook I may be able to take the #1 spot for fastest bolt on Camaro. Im .08 away right now and he ran in -1000 DA to my +1100. Damn east coast lol.
Im in second place right now...

·
Registered
1,189 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Nice runs Carl

I got work off for this coming sunday. But I see no sportsman class it must be over with.

Do you think the prep will still be decent?

Weather supposed to be in the 40s.

I hope it is good...if I can hook I may be able to take the #1 spot for fastest bolt on Camaro. Im .08 away right now and he ran in -1000 DA to my +1100. Damn east coast lol.
Im in second place right now...
Thanks!

Yep, last bracket race of the year was last Sunday. From here on out Sundays are just test n tune only from 12-6pm I believe. Last year the track prep was still pretty good, but I don't think it'll be as good as when they have all the bracket racing going on.

I may head down there tomorrow after work if the weather holds out. High is only 48 degrees. So far no rain in the forecast, just cloudy. They're open from 4-9pm tomorrow I think. Track prep will likely suck, but that may be offset by the really cold air. I'm chasing an 11.49 timeslip now haha!

I'm planning on going next Sunday as well, so maybe I'll see you out there.

·
Registered
2014 SRT Core
10,057 Posts
Nice job Carl, hope you can get a new PB before the season is over. I'll be heading to the track this Saturday and hope we have great drag racing weather as I'd like to see a few folks crack into the 11's.

·
Registered
1,189 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Nice job Carl, hope you can get a new PB before the season is over. I'll be heading to the track this Saturday and hope we have great drag racing weather as I'd like to see a few folks crack into the 11's.
Me too! Hope to get 11.45-11.54 as that would best my current PB. Would be great to hit 11.40's but now it will depend on traction and track prep.

Good luck on Saturday! Hopefully you can get some nice cold weather and bust into the 11's!

·
Registered
1,189 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Really amazing to see what these NA cars can do without a lot of mods, especially with what they weigh.

Great job!
Yep these cars are awesome! Already ran 11.5 and there's a possibility I might be able to hit 11.4 with it as it is. Only real mods are the tune and wheels. The other stuff like hellcat airbox, tazer, catch can, etc likely help but not talking significant gains. If our cars weighed the same as the Camaros or Mustangs I'd be running 11.1-11.2 easily right now. No way I could fit my kids in the back of a Camaro or Mustang though, not a feasible option.

I was hoping to make it out to the track today but it got rained out and cancelled. Will have to try again on Sunday if it's nice.

·
Registered
101 Posts
So how did it go Sunday, rain?

1 - 20 of 44 Posts