Dodge Challenger Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
355 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ran My SRT8 392 at a 1/8th mile track tonight for the first time. Car is a 6-speed. DA was 1692 . Main problem was hooking up. Track prep was poor and I kept tire pressure stock and no burnout before I staged. I know if I work on the above I can do better than the 2.12 60ft and can improve my time but the best run I had this night was a 8.4847 . Car in the left lane was a 2011 Mustang GT 6-speed and his best for the night was a 8.7911. Another guy was there with a 2012 Boss 302 and his best was a 8.3 with no track key (also his first time out), but pulled in the water and heating up his tires and adjusting tire pressure to 25psi. Fun night and looking forward to trying my hand in the 1/4 mile soon. Time slip attached.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,456 Posts
Nice to see you edging out a 2011 GT 5.0. The Boss has way more power than the factory rating.

Did you have axle hop or just a lot of wheel spin? What were your launch techniques?

We're not far apart (Rochester). I might hit Empire Dragway (formerly New york International) tonight for TT.

·
Registered
1,456 Posts
Incrementals against the 5.0 2011 GT:

Mustang Challenger
3.659 3.518
2.476 2.3298
0.5397 0.514

The Challenger is accelerating harder at every incremental - particularly near the end of the 1/8. You would walk away in the 1/4-mile.

·
Registered
3,284 Posts
i love that fact .... mustange boys were talking to much smack .... now look ... almost seems like its a drivers race now ... i love it

·
Registered
355 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Nice to see you edging out a 2011 GT 5.0. The Boss has way more power than the factory rating.

Did you have axle hop or just a lot of wheel spin? What were your launch techniques?

We're not far apart (Rochester). I might hit Empire Dragway (formerly New york International) tonight for TT.

I had a couple passes with traction control totally disabled trying to launch at 3500 and I had ridiculous bad axle hop. Best run turned out being TC partially disabled leaving at 1800 and bogging for a second. Like I said, I didn't heat up the tires or reduce the air pressure, so I expect better results soon. I am probably heading to Empire next friday. Skyrunner who is on this forum and has a TO 392 will be going too as my friend who has the Boss 302. I like that track alot better than Lancaster and will work on getting that 60 ft down there.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Vic, YOu could always run at Cayuga(TorontoMotorsports park) as well. Bout an hour north from the border. Good track but trap speeds are a little on the fast side though. Good for the ego. lol

·
Registered
1,456 Posts
I had a couple passes with traction control totally disabled trying to launch at 3500 and I had ridiculous bad axle hop. Best run turned out being TC partially disabled leaving at 1800 and bogging for a second. Like I said, I didn't heat up the tires or reduce the air pressure, so I expect better results soon. I am probably heading to Empire next friday. Skyrunner who is on this forum and has a TO 392 will be going too as my friend who has the Boss 302. I like that track alot better than Lancaster and will work on getting that 60 ft down there.
Yeah I was thinking around 2000 RPM is about right unless drag radials are used. Dropping pressure in the tires might help cushion some of the axle hop.

Maybe I'll see you there - PM me if you want to exchange contact information. I've run a few events at Empire (MOMS open invitationals and some ET class Rochester Racing meets), but do my hard-core bracket racing at Spencer. I won't be running the Challenger on the track as a general rule, but I'm determined to make at least one run in the 12's just to say I did it.

·
Registered
355 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Vic, YOu could always run at Cayuga(TorontoMotorsports park) as well. Bout an hour north from the border. Good track but trap speeds are a little on the fast side though. Good for the ego. lol
I was there a couple times in years past, real nice track. That one is on my radar screen and its really not much farther than Empire Dragway, its just the hassle of going over the border. Last time I went there I got caught in major traffic coming over the Peace Bridge to Buffalo because all the bingo parlors in FT. Erie, Ontario just let out. I'm thinking of giving another try though, thanks.

·
Registered
45 Posts
I'm far from an expert, but I took my R/T with 6 sp manual to a local track. My best time was 9.19, I left the traction control engaged and left the line on the last yellow light, rolled it on and then stomped it. Tried one time without the traction control, I was all over the track... sideways with each shift.

·
Registered
72 Posts
I have been 1.8something once with stock goodyears and 1.9something a few more times. Mostly 2.0ohs. You get a 1.89 sixty your going to knock on the 7s :)
nice to hear track reports! These cars look good on Dragstrips. :)

·
Registered
355 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I'm far from an expert, but I took my R/T with 6 sp manual to a local track. My best time was 9.19, I left the traction control engaged and left the line on the last yellow light, rolled it on and then stomped it. Tried one time without the traction control, I was all over the track... sideways with each shift.
Only made 4 passes since it only has 500 miles on it, and i will end up trying a coule passes with traction control next time.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.