Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
481 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I ran last Friday at the "Houston Motorsports Park" Houston Motorsports Park Drag Strip
Made 4 passes best one (1/8th strip) was "9.5082" reaction was ".734", 60 ft was "2.4287", speed "78.67mph" First time I have ever made a pass, and it was FUN!!
Tires and traction was a major draw back... I'm running stock tires, 245/45/r20's all around.
I had a bit of "tire hop", anyone familiar with the "Hop-Not" mod??
:redcap:

·
Registered
1,539 Posts
"Hop not mod"? dunno anything about that but even the SRT's Super F1's are pieces of crap, wear down riduclously fast and can't grip worth a crap, I'm honestly thinking of just putting drag radials (nittos) on the rear and toyo proxxies on the front when the time comes, nitto's drag radials get ALMOST as much life time as the friggin' F1's and blow them away for take-offs\burnouts (for obvious reasons) and yet still have GOOD wet traction, the hardest part of this car is NOT spinning the tires.

·
Registered
196 Posts
i have the full hopnot kit on my 09 srt 6 speed and i love it. got rid of 99% of the hop and helped traction too.

·
Registered
4,964 Posts
Before getting into hop-not, track prep on the tires will also help. The first is lowering the tire pressure on the 245s GSAs to 22-24 psi. Also keep from doing long burnouts and avoid going through the waterbox.

Your goal for 60ft with the stock RSAs should be 2.0-2.1

Great times and have fun with the adrenaline rush. Keep working on lowering your 60fts and work with what you have and then let the mod bug bite!

·
Registered
419 Posts
Before getting into hop-not, track prep on the tires will also help. The first is lowering the tire pressure on the 245s GSAs to 22-24 psi. Also keep from doing long burnouts and avoid going through the waterbox.

Your goal for 60ft with the stock RSAs should be 2.0-2.1
I normally run drag radials at the track now, but when I was running RSA's I ran them no lower than 28 psi and got 2.0-2.1 regularly. I've made a handful of runs on my Parada SpecX (at 30 psi) and with good track prep have gone as low as 1.937, and more recently hot lapped 1.99, 1.96, 1.98, and 1.97.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts