Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1221 - 1240 of 1255 Posts

·
Registered
2,476 Posts
Why would anyone want to do a 150 mph straight line test at night!?!?!?! What a dumb A.

·
Premium Member
2,620 Posts
Why would anyone want to do a 150 mph straight line test at night!?!?!?! What a dumb A.
Since you are afraid of the dark.....

..... I suggest a Disney night light....

..... regular bedtime stories.....

.....and possibly an adult diaper...

·
Registered
2,476 Posts
Since you are afraid of the dark.....

..... I suggest a Disney night light....

..... regular bedtime stories.....

.....and possibly an adult diaper...
Lol? Umm... the possibilities of anything coming out onto the road? 150 out on a public road is fast enough when it's dayight. I guess the guy doesn't care if he hits something with it. 0 brains.

·
Premium Member
2,620 Posts
Lol? Umm... the possibilities of anything coming out onto the road? 150 out on a public road is fast enough when it's dayight. I guess the guy doesn't care if he hits something with it. 0 brains.
I am told lady bugs and moths were casualties of the front bumper....

.........I am also told the driver didn't care and just wiped them off with detail spray and a microfiber cloth...........The bastard........

·
Registered
2,476 Posts
You're missing my point so I'm done trying to argue with you. No point.

·
Premium Member
2,620 Posts
You're missing my point so I'm done trying to argue with you. No point.
................................................................................................................

Attachments

·
Registered
120 Posts
It's a marketing scheme. After you register with all your information, you can only submit a chance to win if you A) submit a picture of yourself at an FCA dealership (1 entry), B) submit a photo of a Valvoline oil change receipt at an FCA dealership (2 entries), and C) submit a photo of a 6-oil change with Valvoline receipt at an FCA dealership (3 entries).

·
Registered
14 Posts
It's not a "scheme", it's a sweepstakes. Have you ever entered a sweepstakes?? It doesn't sound like it. By law Mopar has to give everyone a way to enter without buying anything and according to the rules I read on the website they do.

A. During the Sweepstakes Period, an eligible entrant may visit a participating FCA US LLC dealership and either take a photo of himself/herself at the dealership, including dealership signage, OR have someone take a photo of himself/herself at the dealership, including dealership signage ("Photo"). The entrant must then follow the instructions to upload the Photo at the Website to receive one (1) entry into the Sweepstakes.

I dropped by my local dealer on a Sunday and my wife took a picture of me and I uploaded that into the sweepstakes site. Now I'm entered to win. Sounds like you're not so that's a good thing. :notallthere:

·
Registered
175 Posts
Is it just me, or has this entire subforum gone defunct? I see updates to this thread hoping to see a new hellcat video and am constantly disappointed...

·
Premium Member
1,722 Posts

·
Premium Member
430 Posts
My first road race track day...Hellcat. Enjoy. Forward thru my per-check babble and watch is thing on the track. FYI main straight 151 mph, smaller straights just over 100 to 120. IMO, this 4600 lb machine rocks!

http://youtu.be/qZZc-CHNg1g

·
Registered
4,293 Posts
My first road race track day...Hellcat. Enjoy. Forward thru my per-check babble and watch is thing on the track. FYI main straight 151 mph, smaller straights just over 100 to 120. IMO, this 4600 lb machine rocks!

Wow David, I only got to the 9 minute mark before I had to stop, but it was sweet to see the back end still want to kick out if you give it too much gas!!!

Those Vipers were fast - way to blow by the Vette! The perspective and sound made it a real fun watch. Hope to get into one some day :). I have never been around the road course there at BIR. What a great track. :thumbsup:

·
Premium Member
72 Posts

Thanks David, for the vid. These cars really DO rock on road courses. Keep an eye on your front OEM pads. I burned through mine, running laps and actually scored the LF disk!

·
Premium Member
430 Posts
Thanks David, for the vid. These cars really DO rock on road courses. Keep an eye on your front OEM pads. I burned through mine, running laps and actually scored the LF disk!
Thanks, Patrick. Our old friend Dave Z. set me up with a set of Porterfield R4-S pads. Been installed since it had about 700 miles on it. I looked and they still look like they came out of the box! How is that Jazzy Charger doing? I have the bug now, I don't know why it never happened before. Do you have any races remaining this year? If not when do you get going next year? I want to set up a trip and see you.

·
Premium Member
430 Posts
Wow David, I only got to the 9 minute mark before I had to stop, but it was sweet to see the back end still want to kick out if you give it too much gas!!!

Those Vipers were fast - way to blow by the Vette! The perspective and sound made it a real fun watch. Hope to get into one some day :). I have never been around the road course there at BIR. What a great track. :thumbsup:
I could post lots of Vette passes up...not appropriate. Especially sensitive because their club was the sponsor that day. Their President is a good friend and I want invited back. I was amazed all day, that thing was hanging pretty tight. If you have it nearly straight, and you s l o w l y press (much like coming off the line), it seemed to do just fine. Other than the Vipers with the experienced drivers, everything else that was driving around just did not disappear, but the opposite happened. Seems like our Friend, Patrick, had this figured out long ago! These things and the LX platform will work on the track. Patrick, there was a man with a hot black 2006. Said it was formerly owned by a high exec at Dodge. He drives it a lot on the courses. It made me grin rather large to see the 6.1 with the classic Mopar CAI sitting there. AND, the strut brace etc up front. And it is too much fun.

Next spring, all I will need is the drive shaft (drag radials are in the corner waiting on a set if wheels to wear so I don't have to change tires every day), and I will hit the straight part of that track some cool evening and see what happens then. I can tell you the DA that day was about 1500'! That helped that exhaust note, it was running like a champ.

Oh! Gallons of gas burned per lap on this course was a big concern! Lower than 3/8 tank and the first sign of fuel starvation appeared on turn 10.

1221 - 1240 of 1255 Posts