Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am interested in your rankings of the somewhat limited color choices for the 11 SRT's. Which do you think will be the most popular, and which will likely be the less desirable, but rarer shades? Thanks, counterman.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Butterscotch, I tend to agree with you. I like the Redline also. I am afraid that the Toxic Orange and the Redline colors will be everywhere, like the Hemi Orange in the prior years. I just wish that the entire Challenger color line up was available on all models. I'd REALLY like a non IE in White, with the black interior, or a Deepwater the same way. I have a Wrangler in the DWB, and it is a pretty piece. I figure the Billet will be the least popular, and I find the color to be nice, but plain for a car of this stature. Counterman.

·
Registered
3,380 Posts
no one has seen most of the colors in person

GWE may be nice or may be a dissapointment
TO is different and some like it...w/ the stripes i think it looks ok...i doubt it will be here for 2012
Ive always liked the White w/blue stripes since i saw my first original TransAM..thats why i chose an IE
Billet will probably be the least popular since Silvers were in previous years
DWB is nice, but ive owned too many blue cars
The red? havent seen it, but everyone has a red car so no thanks
Black? havent seen it, but who wants to wash their car daily....may look interesting w/ black or grey stripes

if i had to rate my top Challenger colors it would be
1.PCP
2.DY
3.HO
4. may be GWE...if it were true Sublime it would be #1
5. White w/blue stripes

·
Premium Member
1,722 Posts
LOL, I ordered Billet because it will make my cars a nice pair. See my avatar.

·
Registered
49 Posts
White wouldn't work for me because I know I'll be a clean freak. I don't think I'm brave enough for green or orange. My best guess at popularity order will be 1. black, 2. redline 3. billlet, excluding the limited edition colours. It looks like white is preferred colour on the IE from posts.

·
Registered
1,077 Posts
DWB and GWE

This is just me but I don't like Whites, Yellows, Oranges, Silvers, or Pink. :)

·
Registered
15 Posts
Billet for me, I used to own dark colored cars and trucks and ended up in the body shop about once every two months having the scratches wet sanded out. Then one day my body man told me that a guy as fussy as me should only buy light colored cars and trucks as they were easier to keep clean and do not show the scratches as easy, some very good advice. I really like the pictures of the Billet Challenger when I saw them in another post and that is the color I have ordered.

·
Registered
396 Posts
I don't rate colors in a vacume because there's other factors involved
like stripe & interior contrast

White with blue racing stripes & a white interior happens to be my fav
which is why I bought the car in 2011 even though I expect some nice tweaks for 2012

If GWE was offered with the white interior & white stripes I probably
would have chosen that combo which is tied for me with white /blue

What I would have liked would have been the 392 stiched on the white
door panels instead of on the seats

Black with red stripes & red stitching would have been cool

The hurst white on gold scheme with the Hurst wheels is outstanding IMO

·
Registered
3,380 Posts
when your car gets scratched or scuffed what color is the scratch/scuff? white!

so white will show less damage(unless the damage rusts)

i had a yellow truck and it never looked dirty....it was just brighter when it was clean....it also showed less swirls than dark colored cars ive owned....

i find metallics look dull when a car is 1-2 years old and full of those fine scratches...they never look as good as ther day you bought it...maybe the scratches block the sun from hitting the metal flake?

i prefer flat colors....even though there are very few flat colors these days

·
Registered
301 Posts
when your car gets scratched or scuffed what color is the scratch/scuff? white!

so white will show less damage(unless the damage rusts)

i had a yellow truck and it never looked dirty....it was just brighter when it was clean....it also showed less swirls than dark colored cars ive owned....

i find metallics look dull when a car is 1-2 years old and full of those fine scratches...they never look as good as ther day you bought it...maybe the scratches block the sun from hitting the metal flake?

i prefer flat colors....even though there are very few flat colors these days
+1 had an 06 Mustang that was yellow and sat outside for 3 years. Looked like it was brand new from 5 feet. Up close you could see the clear needed to be buffed. I'm sure a black metallic wouldn't have fared so well with that same clear coat on it.

·
Premium Member
2012 Challenger SRT in BSP
440 Posts
I saw a Billet 2011 Charger at the local dealer. Had already seen the photos pictured in the forum but this was the first time in real life. I really like it.
If black was easier to keep looking good, I'd stick with it, but as mentioned in a previous post, dark colors show imperfections so easily (3M loves me!) - they also are beautiful when clean and shiny.
Funny, at a distance, the Billet almost looks like primer but I like it anyway. Especially how the color appears different depending on the lighting and angle.
Less boring personalities will likely disagree... I'm old too :).

·
Super Moderator
15,972 Posts
for the '11 SRT I would guess:

Most popular:
* Brilliant Black
* Toxic Orange
* Redline 3
* Green With Envy (late availability, limited run)

Least popular:
* Billet Silver metallic

Silver has been one of the lower production quantity colors in the SRT version, and Dark Titanium in the R/T or SE didn't have a lot produced in that color either.

·
Premium Member
1,722 Posts
Every challenger I see on the road is either red or black and mostly SE models.

·
Registered
2,114 Posts
I saw all the (4) standard srt 2011 colors today here in NJ (billet,redline,black and TO). The cars were either SE's or RT's.

Billet looked the best to me. It is a darker/richer version of the previous silver. It has a slight bluish tint to it and looked very good. It made the lines of the car "pop". Throw some flat black stripes and this thing would look awesome. Pictures don't do this color justice, they look flat in photos.

The Redline was dirty, it was hard to see the pearl coat effect. I did notice that it has a rustic highlight in the sun which can look interesting. Won't know until they wash the car.

TO was good looking. Not for me but again, it was a SE with no stripes. The stripes really set off these colors so I still can't really comment.

Black is always awesome. The problem with this car is that it doesn't show off the lines and nose of the car too well but then again black is black and always looks sinister.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Billet or plain white, with no stickers. Stickers(stripes, decals) IMHO look juvenile. To each their own though. Whatever floats your boat.

I like the sleeper car look. Vanishing Point look. Keep 'er simple.
:icon_flaming:

·
Registered
3,380 Posts
Billet or plain white, with no stickers. Stickers(stripes, decals) IMHO look juvenile. To each their own though. Whatever floats your boat.
i agree...the Challenger is a midlife crisis car.....i know its mine

the stripes are flashy, look at me Juvenile and I like it

i want a fast car that looks fast, not a fast car that looks slow

·
Registered
2,114 Posts
This car needs stripes. I never thought I would have decals on any of my cars.
Until I met the Challenger. It looks naked without them, boring.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts