Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Super Moderator
13,968 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
A 1971 Plymouth ‘Cuda, believed to be one of 17 V-Code 440 6 BBL ‘Cuda Convertibles produced in 1971, was found hidden away in a container for 35 years. Despite showing some wear and tear, it was in incredibly sound, original condition, with its numbers matching 440 intact and no major rot or corrosion.

It will sold at the July 10-18, 2020 Mecum auction. It is expected to bring at least $700,000.

Container Find: 1971 Plymouth 'Cuda V-Code 440-6 Convertible

https://video.search.yahoo.com/yhs/...T71u&sigi=TQnmcFd9tDXl&hspart=vz&hsimp=yhs-vz

·
Registered
2016 Dodge Challenger R/T Plus Shaker
148 Posts
Interesting how parts of the car look brand new (billboard for one). And other parts seen better days.

·
Registered
2014 SRT Core
9,511 Posts
Dang, I wish I could buy that, but it's priced about 700K too much for me lol. I had four different Barracudas over the years, none as rare as this one, but I wish I had squirreled them away all the same. I did have a 70 Barracuda Gran Coupe, an original plum crazy 383 Hi po four speed car, I'm sure it would be worth some bucks today just not quite to this level.

·
Super Moderator
15,591 Posts
$700k is more than 2x for a restored version - much less this mish-mash of primer and pitted old paint with a new quarter stripe over it.

it like the overused term of 'patina' when describing something that would have been on back lot of a 2nd tier used car dealer that nobody would touch.

its like yeah - I'll buy that truck that looks like someone used old latex paint and a paint brush to re-do it. With globs of lumpy bondo trying to cover the rust holes...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts