Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Pulled up next to an R/T Challenger at a light today and he had 392 badges below the R/T stripes. I asked him about the 392 emblems and he stated he special ordered his R/T with the 392 in it. :scratchhead: Has anyone else seen one of these rare models?? :)

·
Premium Member
3,546 Posts
I would think there would be rules against such a thing but I guess if you have enough money any thing can be done.

·
Registered
398 Posts
Pulled up next to an R/T Challenger at a light today and he had 392 badges below the R/T stripes. I asked him about the 392 emblems and he stated he special ordered his R/T with the 392 in it. :scratchhead: Has anyone else seen one of these rare models?? :)
I think he special ordered the 392 badges from the parts department.:browsmiley::browsmiley:

·
Registered
251 Posts
Sounds fishy to me. More likely he just added the badges or it was an SRT with RT stripes added.

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
It was White with Orange R/T stripes. Had a unique hood scoop that wasn't stock. It had R/T rims on it as well. It wasn't an SRT.

·
Vendor
5,670 Posts
Hah, pretty unlikely!

·
Registered
820 Posts
So this guy gets spanked by a mustang or a SS and then the rumors start to fly that the 392 is weak.

·
Registered
3,733 Posts
Unless he was just being a smart ass and he has a 6.4 stroker in it. :) The 6.1 based stroker. But..............nahhh, not likely. LOL

·
Registered
302 Posts
So this guy gets spanked by a mustang or a SS and then the rumors start to fly that the 392 is weak.
Exactly.

If you see him again tell him to pop the hood, I bet you he bolts.

·
Registered
533 Posts
You used to be able to get special orders in the 60s, but the factory won't do anything like that today. It slows them down. My best guess, like others are saying, that the badges are aftermarket. With the custom stripes and hood, it sounds like the car is show and no go. Although, I'm not sure you can call any HEMI "no go". Heck, it may be a cloned SE!

·
Premium Member
517 Posts
Where was this?

·
Registered
6,176 Posts
Lies, if it existed 99% of them would be forum members because we would be the only ones to know about it, thanks to Bob, BB, and our other connections. If it was out there, we'd have em on here...

1 - 20 of 50 Posts