Dodge Challenger Forum banner

21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
2015 RT Shaker (STP/A8/FORGED/NAPPA/NO SUNROOF)
508 Posts
I also removed pretty much everything in car that I don't really need. Took out the user manual. I think I saved a pdf version on my phone. That will lighten the car and maybe give me 0.0001 horsepower.
Nice. Haha!

·
Registered
1,341 Posts
What year is your car? Is there a TSB for the fix? How do you fix that? Is there a screw that tightens down the plastic base piece?
Yes, you can pry that piece out to expose a screw that sometimes needs a little tightening. Maybe add a little blue Loctite to it. Mine is a ’15 Challenger.

·
Registered
1,183 Posts
Since this popped back up...

I mentioned this to the dealer last oil change, and they produced 2 screws that fit the measurements of the ones described in the TSB and handed them to me. Much improved.

·
Registered
750 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
Since this popped back up...

I mentioned this to the dealer last oil change, and they produced 2 screws that fit the measurements of the ones described in the TSB and handed them to me. Much improved.
What do you mean produced 2 screws? Did they replace 2 screws on the passenger side with a newer better screw? The interior door knob philips screw type and the one above that isn't a philip screw type? did they just give you those 2 screws and you removed the old ones and installed the new ones to fix your rattling?

21 - 25 of 25 Posts