Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have had the SOLO Mach x exhaust for about 6 months now, and i have had a rattle underneath the car every since. its not a daily driver or i would have really tried to find it by now, but its getting really annoying. It sounds like a metal on metal rattle, it doesnt do it constant, only at certain RPMS like around 2-4, when the exhaust sound is deepest, if im crusing and interstate speed and then just push the gas in 6th gear to make it louder and deeper sounding, also it does it when the car is parked and i rev it very little, just enough for the pipes and mufflers to have pressure on them to move. i checked the bolts on the hangers, they are tight. ive also read that someone took out their spare tire and jack and that didnt help, its definatly under the car seems like more toward the rear passenger side. is there ANYTHING i can check that could be rubbing against each other?

·
Premium Member
549 Posts
Or maybe the insulation on the floor boards. Something might be touching that or a piece came loose
Check the Bracket that crosses over the the exhaust. A trick posted way back when was to put a 2x4 between the bracket and the pipes. Adjust the pipe clamps then remove the 2x4. That should take care of it...

·
Registered
59 Posts
exact same thing happend to me right after my install. found out the right side of the exhaust was barely touching the aluminum heat shield about half way back, especially when just starting off. simple adjustment to fix.

·
Registered
1,151 Posts
It will help if you can get the car up in the air on a drive-on hoist so the weight is on the wheels as opposed to having the suspension unloaded and the body flexed.

·
Registered
1 Posts
almost certain you are touching the frame somewhere !
I put flowmaster American thunder exhaust on a 2016 Chrysler 300s right after install it had a slight noise as if it was hitting on the frame or heat shield after getting back under the car I found it was hitting on the front support bar right below the X or H pipe I dont know the actual name but it looks like an x anyways I went further down the exhaust towards the back of the car to the two middle ones and loosened the two brackets and tilted the inlet up more and it took care of the noise

·
Registered
1,179 Posts
Check 2 things!
My solo exhaust failed when a metal plate they use welded to both pipes broke and was just touching one of them and cause a horrible rattling.

#2, could be the clamps! I had mine tac welded

·
Registered
1,564 Posts
There’s nothing more annoying then metallic rattles, you’re just gonna have to jump on that creeper and don’t come out till you find it. commitment is the word on the street

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
14,789 Posts
Maybe he's just patiently waiting for an answer :D

A Guy

1 - 13 of 13 Posts