Dodge Challenger Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, recently had American Racing Long Tubes installed on my 2014 RT Blacktop, and now I have a rattle sometimes at idle. I jacked the car up, and it is coming from where the midpipes clamp to my Solo Mach-X exhaust. The slightest bit of pressure in any direction stops the rattle but I have no way to permanently fix it. Any ideas? ?

·
Registered
125 Posts
Hey guys, recently had American Racing Long Tubes installed on my 2014 RT Blacktop, and now I have a rattle sometimes at idle. I jacked the car up, and it is coming from where the midpipes clamp to my Solo Mach-X exhaust. The slightest bit of pressure in any direction stops the rattle but I have no way to permanently fix it. Any ideas? ?
You have to figure out what part of the clamp is making the rattle. Is it because its loose? A trick they do at a lot of speed shops is take heavy duty aluminum foil and wrap the inner portion of the pipe and then shove into other end of exhaust. It prevents leaks and makes the seal tight. You wouldn't believe how much they leak with clamps.

I know first hand because of my long tubes on my camaro were leaking where they mate to the exhaust and giving o2 sensors false readings.

Hope this helps, but it sounds like maybe you need to clearance the area some with a hammer if its hitting the body. Its the passenger side im assuming.

·
Registered
2,462 Posts
^^ If that doesn't fix it, not sure of Solo's setup but if it has clamps on mufflers, you could have the midpipes to catback connection welded, also you wouldn't happen to have SRT catbacks would you as they are a 1/4" bigger 2 3/4" compared to R/Ts 2 1/2"?

·
Premium Member
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
No, mine are the RT cat backs. I am thinking that when they loosened off my exhaust to fit them to the mid pipe, they didn't pull it far enough ahead. I'm going to hopefully get a chance soon to get underneath and take another look. thanks guys!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.