Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a '16 SP Challenger with a rattle coming my overhead dome light panel on any bass and another coming from the pillar where the driver seat belt is. Anybody have some ideas on how I can quiet those?

·
Registered
55 Posts
I have a '16 SP Challenger with a rattle coming my overhead dome light panel on any bass and another coming from the pillar where the driver seat belt is. Anybody have some ideas on how I can quiet those?

I noticed my center button for my home link started to rattle when I had my American Thunder cat back installed. Small piece of foam behind it to firm it up got rid of it. Yours could be different. Dome pops right down if you want to take a look.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,840 Posts
Yup, someguy is right. There is a gap between the button and the actual switch. I used some ccf I used in my audio install and filled the gap. No more rattle and the buttons r more firm when u press them too.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,840 Posts
Closed cell foam. Anything will work as long as it takes the slack out.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1 Posts
Thanks, had the same issue in my '16 Challenger with the Harmon Kardon sound package - must be a pretty common issue. It's been driving me nuts and finally as able to pin it down thanks to this post, gonna grab some foam from the store when I get a chance.

FYI for anyone else, while the overhead does pop right out (shimmy something in there to help pop it), the actual assembly needs to be unscrewed to get to these buttons unless I'm missing something.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts