Dodge Challenger Forum banner

Rattle

1323 10
Does anyone know what’s rattling? I have a 2016 challenger RT and ever since I got mufflers added I’ve started hearing a rattle when I slowly accelerate and it gets ready to shifts then when jt shifts it goes away then comes back again when it’s time to shift
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
177 Posts
Does the rattle sound like it’s mechanical in nature? Does it consistently get louder/faster with rise in rpm, or does it happen over bumps/more intermittently?

Also you say you had mufflers installed, are you talking about the mufflers under the mid of the car or the resonators at the rear? If mufflers I’d check to see if you have any contact from the driveshaft, or with an exhaust hangar. If resonators maybe an exhaust hangar.

if you have mechanical ability and know how to safely work on your car, lift and secure the car (jack and jack stands or lift if you’ve got access to one) and see if you can hear any clanging/rattling when shaking the exhaust back and forth. I had a hangar hitting in the rear after I installed my cat back, that’s how I found it.

·
Registered
177 Posts
The mufflers. I checked nothings loose and when I step on it doesn’t rattle
can you take a video of the noise? It’s hard to diagnose these things without hearing.

does it sound like it’s coming from inside the car? Behind or in front of you when you’re driving? Give us some detail.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.