Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So for a while now I've been hearing this annoying sound coming from the dash in front of me, when driving in a bumpy road etc. I was thinking it might be the speaker mesh or the air vent but it doesn't seem to be any of those making that annoying sound.

Anyone else have this or might know what it can be?

·
Registered
2016 Challenger Hellcat
364 Posts
Yes, I think I know what you are talking about. Had it really bad in my 2008 Super Bee. A rattle that sounds like it is coming from the center stack, speakers, or air vents in the dash. And guess what?? my 2012 SRT Challenger will do the same thing only not as severe.
Anyway I took my 2008 Bee into the dealer a couple of times, first time "no problem found" answer. Yeah right ---
Second time in they admitted to hearing it and said it was coming from the air duct work leading up to the vents located at the base of the windshield (defroster vents). They basically sprayed - for lack of a better term - "expanding foam" behind the firewall and into the area where that ductwork is routed. Believe it or not it worked for the most part, noise was still there a little bit, but I didn`t pursue it any further as I sure don`t want the dealer pulling my dash out and most likely creating even MORE squeaks and rattles (lol)... since my `12 SRT Challenger is not nearly as severe I am not even going to deal with it --- BUT you would think after 4 years in the manufacturing process (2008-2012 that I know of) Chrysler would have had numerous complaints and possibly came up with an assembly line fix for this??? Guess not apparently.
Sure hope the new revised `15 and up Charger/Challengers have a better assembly...

·
Premium Member
1,732 Posts
I had a rattle coming from the passenger side front speaker area.

The dealer took care of it under warranty.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts