Dodge Challenger Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When I am backing up or idling sometimes or just driving steady there’s a horrible rattling sound like a loose plastic or something for the back of the car.
Not so noticeable in park but sometimes.
It seems to be coming from the back right chrome tail pipe if I push up on it the sound seems to go away.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
2013 sxt no mods. Also have the abs and esc lights on the dash and the wheel sensors are good.

It seemed to rattle less
When I push up on the right tail pipe like something on the exhaust is loose.

·
Registered
2015 RT 5.7 M6
9,870 Posts
2013 sxt no mods. Also have the abs and esc lights on the dash and the wheel sensors are good.

It seemed to rattle less
When I push up on the right tail pipe like something on the exhaust is loose.
Didn't you just have a failed fuel pump relay? When did the ABS light come on...before or after the fuel pump relay? How did you test the wheel sensors to find out they were good?

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
26,851 Posts
I suspect the sensors are indeed not good ;)

A Guy

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yes I had a bad fuel pump relay but the guy who fixed it said it was a bad relay in the trunk? I thought the relay was soldered on the board on the tipm in the 2013 challenger? Well anyways that is fixed. The abs and esc lights have been on for over 6 months. I used a foxwell scanner without the challenger specifics loaded on the scanner and no abs codes. It was scanned again by pep boys, they used a scanner that the guy held over the valve stem of each tire. He told me they were all good.

·
Registered
2015 RT 5.7 M6
9,870 Posts
Yes I had a bad fuel pump relay but the guy who fixed it said it was a bad relay in the trunk? I thought the relay was soldered on the board on the tipm in the 2013 challenger? Well anyways that is fixed. The abs and esc lights have been on for over 6 months. I used a foxwell scanner without the challenger specifics loaded on the scanner and no abs codes. It was scanned again by pep boys, they used a scanner that the guy held over the valve stem of each tire. He told me they were all good.
Yeah I remember your post about the fuel pump, and you also said a mechanic checked everything out and told you it was the fuel pump which another shop told you it was the fuel pump relay. As for your ABS issue, see my reply from another thread you posted in.

To understand the difference between TPM and ABS go to this online chilton manual, click on the chilton link, enter the password "nclive001", then enter your year/make/model, select repair and search TPM then ABS.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts