Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone out there had this system on their Challenger ?, Is it worth the money, you can get it on ebay really cheap and I'm capable of doing the install myself but I'm sure Chrysler would void my warranty if I had any electrical problems down the road if they knew I installed it myself:deal:

·
Registered
144 Posts

·
Super Moderator
13,849 Posts
I had it professionally installed on my Challenger over 4 years ago. I consider it the best $350 I ever spent.

The experienced installer took over 4 hours and it came with a lifetime guarantee. He routed the Ravelco wires with the existing wires of the same color to make them virtually impossible to detect. Also, he soldered the connections with marine solder. I would think twice before tackling this job yourself.

·
Registered
271 Posts
The installation of this system is simply cutting the wire going to the relay for the starter and the wire to for the injection pump. These two wires then are retaped into the harness. The installer who gets NO special training will open the wiring harness. How good the installation is depends on where the splices are made and how far apart they are. The spliced wire is then routed through the button and connection broken when the button is out. It can be defeated by removing the harness covering and following the wires to reverse the splice. Benefit of the system is that a thief probably doesn't have the time to do this and not be caught or run off before finishing. You could do the same thing with a toggle switch and put the switch in a hidden location for much le$$ money.

·
Premium Member
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
Actually the Ravelco has no "buttons" at all it's got a cap with I believe 12 pins in it that will close only two separate circuits, The remaining pins are wired to ground so if someone tries to jump wire the pins and chooses the wrong ones it will cause a Direct short and blow a fuse, and also it must be wired to the primary side of the Circuit ( The lower amperage and fused side) that activates The various relays of the Circuits you are trying to disable.
And also all the wires that lead to the the Device where it's mounted inside the vehicle to allow The Pinned cap To be inserted by the driver is protected By a metal shielding that's difficult to cut - and all of the wires are black so even if you did gain access you would have no way to distinguish One wire from another.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
2 Posts
Ravelco is the Bomb

I have had 3 theft attempts on my 2014 Challenger. The Ravelco saved it every time. I finally applied the window stickers that Ravelco gave me when they first installed it. I told them not to put them on because I did not like stickers. After 3 side windows broken I finally applied the stickers. The cops told me the thieves know about Ravelco and will not even attempt a theft if a vehicle has Ravelco stickers.

my two cents

·
Premium Member
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
3 attempts Thats awful, and now I want the Ravelco even more !
So how far did the car thieves get before they gave up each time ?
You driving the auto or the 6 speed ?

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
271 Posts
I've got one new in the box but was thinking I'd pass installing it in mine. I'd be interested if anyone has them installed in a 2015. I had them in a couple vehicles but they are both traded off several years ago.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts